Survey: Features you want to see in 2021

You want to talk about risks. Ok. At this moment is the huge risk of using not-full sourced components code.

For example our case. Our projects are absolutely incompatible with FMX (with the Delphi/VCL and Lazarus/LCL compiled and works fine also under Linux). The FPC/LCL version of UniGUI is with unknown perspectives. We would have to rewrite UniGUI ourselves to the FPC/LCL, but have no full sources. We've already done a lot of work: about 100 forms and 4 projects are successully translated to the UniGUI. Under Windows generally they works well. But more and more our customers are switching to the Linux. And we don't see any way out.

We understand this risk, but had hope for a Lazarus version. But now we at the bottom. 

Yet another question. I see that CheckListBox is marked by done: CheckListBox  (Done). Where it could be found? I use the 1535 complete version.

• Upvote 1

if not all sources are available  .. and the development of UniGUI is interrupted ... an event that can occur .. the risk is to rewrite our projects... beyond the various limitations already explained.

For the RoadMap everyone asks for the Responsive Layout
(It was foreseen in the uniGUI Roadmap - 2019 for Q2 / 2019)

.. in addition to this ..

• more integration with mobile gestures and more drag and drop,
  • slide panel (menu),
  • integrate a customizable REST WebService,
  • a component to customize a theme,
  • Screen Mask on HandleEvent (mouse or key) waiting for the request is completed

for Responsive layout:

I have not tried it ... it seems a functional solution .. but it is not the one required ..
the solution must be created by UniGUI on the basis of ExtJS developments
https://docs.sencha.com/extjs/7.2.0/modern/Ext.Responsive.html
using Ext.Responsive and responsiveConfig for object

Ext.define('MyApp.view.main.Main', {
     extend: 'Ext.container.Container',
     mixins: [
         'Ext.mixin.Responsive'
     ],
     responsiveFormulas: {
         small: 'width < 600',
         medium: 'width >= 600 && width < 800',
         large: 'width >= 800'
     }
 });

and

responsiveConfig: {
     small: {
         hidden: true
     },
     medium: {
         hidden: false,
         region: 'north'
     },
     large: {
         hidden: true,
         region: 'west'
     }
 }

the renewal of the license is also for this purpose
and not to use the "Hint" property and follow the developments of others
(...even if the RADCORE project is an excellent alternative ... congratulations!).

And I await the development of the other characteristics requested by all of us ...

Hi

98% of developing a uniGui application is to deliver it as a SAAS service.
That means any time, anywhere and any device. You can realize the first 2 yourself.
BUT any device and therefore responsive must be realized by the framework -> uniGui
When applications are not responsive (2021), and therefore cannot be used from any device, this is an obstacle for (potential) customers.

Prio 1: responsive
Prio 2: Gantt, Scheduler and Calendar components from Bryntum (uniGui Quasar 2.0 (Q1 / 2020-Q2-2020)
Prio 3: Source code...what has been arranged from FMSoft when Farshad falls out ... nobody knows
Prio 4: Let the many workarounds on component basis be part of the compent properties.
Prio 5: improve communication from FMsoft (part of prio 3) and update roadmap. Be open to help from forum members instead of trying to do everything yourself.

2 hours ago, gerardocrisci said:

for Responsive layout:

I have not tried it ... it seems a functional solution .. but it is not the one required ..
the solution must be created by UniGUI on the basis of ExtJS developments
https://docs.sencha.com/extjs/7.2.0/modern/Ext.Responsive.html
using Ext.Responsive and responsiveConfig for object

Ext.define('MyApp.view.main.Main', {
     extend: 'Ext.container.Container',
     mixins: [
         'Ext.mixin.Responsive'
     ],
     responsiveFormulas: {
         small: 'width < 600',
         medium: 'width >= 600 && width < 800',
         large: 'width >= 800'
     }
 });

and

responsiveConfig: {
     small: {
         hidden: true
     },
     medium: {
         hidden: false,
         region: 'north'
     },
     large: {
         hidden: true,
         region: 'west'
     }
 }

the renewal of the license is also for this purpose
and not to use the "Hint" property and follow the developments of others
(...even if the RADCORE project is an excellent alternative ... congratulations!).

And I await the development of the other characteristics requested by all of us ...

Hi everyone... I’m always trying to improve resources.My "solution": [[cols:xs-12 sm-6 md-3 lg-3 xl-3 4k-3 8k-3]]

the idea of using "hint" is that we are independent of ExtJS (in a way).

There is no future incompatibility or minimum version to use the features.

I don't want to appear arrogant, please, far from it. I just found a viable solution.

SIMPLE and FAST to be used.

There's still a lot to do !!! Responsiveness is and will always be a delicate subject (I always say this to everyone).

image.thumb.png.5c1d413a95a08a9aa268e8bd419c9b8e.png

Hi mikromundo,
even if I haven't tried it .. your solution looks good ... it interfaces with UniGUI ... but it's not integrated in UniGUI.

We pay for the use and development of UniGUI ... and every time we ask to integrate the responsive layout ...
currently there is still no planning of when it will be done (reliable).
But this also applies to other requests .. we do them ... but not quick answers.

Lately UniGUI has developed a more commercial aspect (website, webinar, ..),
slowing down the development of components considerably.

Everything must be evaluated .. even with what tools we can create our new projects ...