Survey: Features you want to see in 2021

Hayri ASLAN

You want to talk about risks. Ok. At this moment is the huge risk of using not-full sourced components code.

For example our case. Our projects are absolutely incompatible with FMX (with the Delphi/VCL and Lazarus/LCL compiled and works fine also under Linux). The FPC/LCL version of UniGUI is with unknown perspectives. We would have to rewrite UniGUI ourselves to the FPC/LCL, but have no full sources. We've already done a lot of work: about 100 forms and 4 projects are successully translated to the UniGUI. Under Windows generally they works well. But more and more our customers are switching to the Linux. And we don't see any way out.

We understand this risk, but had hope for a Lazarus version. But now we at the bottom. 

if not all sources are available  .. and the development of UniGUI is interrupted ... an event that can occur .. the risk is to rewrite our projects... beyond the various limitations already explained.

For the RoadMap everyone asks for the Responsive Layout
(It was foreseen in the uniGUI Roadmap - 2019 for Q2 / 2019)

.. in addition to this ..

• more integration with mobile gestures and more drag and drop,
  • slide panel (menu),
  • integrate a customizable REST WebService,
  • a component to customize a theme,
  • Screen Mask on HandleEvent (mouse or key) waiting for the request is completed

for Responsive layout:

I have not tried it ... it seems a functional solution .. but it is not the one required ..
the solution must be created by UniGUI on the basis of ExtJS developments
https://docs.sencha.com/extjs/7.2.0/modern/Ext.Responsive.html
using Ext.Responsive and responsiveConfig for object

Ext.define('MyApp.view.main.Main', {
     extend: 'Ext.container.Container',
     mixins: [
         'Ext.mixin.Responsive'
     ],
     responsiveFormulas: {
         small: 'width < 600',
         medium: 'width >= 600 && width < 800',
         large: 'width >= 800'
     }
 });

and

responsiveConfig: {
     small: {
         hidden: true
     },
     medium: {
         hidden: false,
         region: 'north'
     },
     large: {
         hidden: true,
         region: 'west'
     }
 }

the renewal of the license is also for this purpose
and not to use the "Hint" property and follow the developments of others
(...even if the RADCORE project is an excellent alternative ... congratulations!).

And I await the development of the other characteristics requested by all of us ...

• Upvote 1

Hi

98% of developing a uniGui application is to deliver it as a SAAS service.
That means any time, anywhere and any device. You can realize the first 2 yourself.
BUT any device and therefore responsive must be realized by the framework -> uniGui
When applications are not responsive (2021), and therefore cannot be used from any device, this is an obstacle for (potential) customers.

Prio 1: responsive
Prio 2: Gantt, Scheduler and Calendar components from Bryntum (uniGui Quasar 2.0 (Q1 / 2020-Q2-2020)
Prio 3: Source code...what has been arranged from FMSoft when Farshad falls out ... nobody knows
Prio 4: Let the many workarounds on component basis be part of the compent properties.
Prio 5: improve communication from FMsoft (part of prio 3) and update roadmap. Be open to help from forum members instead of trying to do everything yourself.

2 hours ago, gerardocrisci said:

for Responsive layout:

I have not tried it ... it seems a functional solution .. but it is not the one required ..
the solution must be created by UniGUI on the basis of ExtJS developments
https://docs.sencha.com/extjs/7.2.0/modern/Ext.Responsive.html
using Ext.Responsive and responsiveConfig for object

Ext.define('MyApp.view.main.Main', {
     extend: 'Ext.container.Container',
     mixins: [
         'Ext.mixin.Responsive'
     ],
     responsiveFormulas: {
         small: 'width < 600',
         medium: 'width >= 600 && width < 800',
         large: 'width >= 800'
     }
 });

and

responsiveConfig: {
     small: {
         hidden: true
     },
     medium: {
         hidden: false,
         region: 'north'
     },
     large: {
         hidden: true,
         region: 'west'
     }
 }

the renewal of the license is also for this purpose
and not to use the "Hint" property and follow the developments of others
(...even if the RADCORE project is an excellent alternative ... congratulations!).

And I await the development of the other characteristics requested by all of us ...

Hi everyone... I’m always trying to improve resources.My "solution": [[cols:xs-12 sm-6 md-3 lg-3 xl-3 4k-3 8k-3]]

the idea of using "hint" is that we are independent of ExtJS (in a way).

There is no future incompatibility or minimum version to use the features.

I don't want to appear arrogant, please, far from it. I just found a viable solution.

SIMPLE and FAST to be used.

There's still a lot to do !!! Responsiveness is and will always be a delicate subject (I always say this to everyone).

image.thumb.png.5c1d413a95a08a9aa268e8bd419c9b8e.png

Hi mikromundo,
even if I haven't tried it .. your solution looks good ... it interfaces with UniGUI ... but it's not integrated in UniGUI.

We pay for the use and development of UniGUI ... and every time we ask to integrate the responsive layout ...
currently there is still no planning of when it will be done (reliable).
But this also applies to other requests .. we do them ... but not quick answers.

Lately UniGUI has developed a more commercial aspect (website, webinar, ..),
slowing down the development of components considerably.

Everything must be evaluated .. even with what tools we can create our new projects ...

On 1/4/2021 at 2:34 AM, Tokay said:

Yet another question. I see that CheckListBox is marked by done: CheckListBox  (Done). Where it could be found? I use the 1535 complete version.

C:\Program Files (x86)\FMSoft\Framework\uniGUI\Demos\Desktop\Listbox - Checkbox

• 1 month later...

About UI:
I see a lot of confusion between responsive design, responsive layout / adaptive design. Right now, I don't know any tools (IDE + Compiled Programming Language) for application development where most projects are used in ERPS or CRMs with dozens of controls per form that delivers the same UI in any browser and mobile device using EXACTLY the same components without refactoring, correcting or changing events and properties of these same objects in a single project. Make one run at any device approach.

There has to be a paradigm shift between development for the desktop platform with client / server architecture for the Web format, sessions and API consumption. Many just want to replicate on the WEB what their systems did in the past decade on Windows. It doesn't work like that.

Responsive Design and Adaptive Design are more about alignment, screen resolution and component layout on the screen, sensitive to its dynamic reorientation. The problem occurs in the dozens of data entry controls that work using different input devices: the mouse/keyboard and your freaking finger ! That changes how controls works !

Good luck making it work across browsers and across different devices !

About UX:
I can't imagine a user filling out a registration form with 30 different fields using a smartphone as shown on the screen above.

And using the hint properties  to align components in a framework that we already have several "pseudo-wysiwyg" problems is not a solution at all. Better to learn HTML / CSS / JS and use uniHTMLFRAME in a way that a true web designer would. But in such case,  what is the need for uniGUI anyway ?

We need a better Ext.JS documentation to interface with uniGUI and complete possibilities to deploy a PWA ! That means leaving Ext.JS or just making another project option by the Project Wizard at the IDE.  That would be great !

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Fred Montier said:

We need a better Ext.JS documentation to interface with uniGUI and complete possibilities to deploy a PWA !

+1

8 hours ago, Fred Montier said:

That means leaving Ext.JS or just making another project option by the Project Wizard at the IDE.  That would be great !

I want to use uniGUI to develop every type of web app but its dependency on Ext.JS is something must be solved by Farshad.
I recently had to make a difficult decision and started porting an app to TMS WEB Core just to use alternative CSS frameworks.
Its productivity no way near uniGUI but Ext.JS does not work with Facebook Inapp browser on IOS.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 7:42 PM, Mehmet Emin said:

If one day you make available the Lazarus version, please consider to make it build compatible with arm arch. especially raspberry pi.

I see that this will be addressed in a future (2021 roadmap) version. 

• 2 months later...

I wish as much as you that unigui continues to evolve.

I have been using unigui since 2019.

When I started (and until today) I also miss more documentation but, instead of waiting, I tried to create something for myself but when I realized that many wanted the same as me, I decided to offer Radcore to those who wanted to acquire it.

So... here's another video showing the evolution of Radcore thanks to unigui.

I'm proud to say that many people have returned to using unigui (and bought its licenses) because of Radcore.

I do my part to spread unigui.

Anyone who wants to criticize me is free (as they say here in Brazil: speak badly but speak of me). Whoever wants to know radcore just talk to me in private.

Long live the delphi. Long live unigui.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...