Installation error building unitools (expected version /found version)

SergioFeitoza

Hi friends. I need an urgent help:

After some 6 times trying  to install the two last versions 1439 and now 1541, after installing, when I try to BUILD all I always get the error  (always in unitools):

[dcc32 Fatal Error] uniTools23.dpk(46): F2048 Bad unit format: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\FMSoft\Framework\uniTools\Dcu64\Delphi2019\InstDecode.dcu' - Expected version: 30.0, Windows Unicode(x86) Found version: 30.0, Windows Unicode(x64)

Some time ago I had the same problem ( see old post) and could solve fast with your suggestions but not now.

http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/14910-dcc32-fatal-error-uidbasecomponentpas162-f2048-bad-unit-format/&tab=comments#comment-81194

In each of the trials I unsinstalled Unigui via Windows control panel and went manually to find traces of previous installations. I see that the windows always leave traces as dcp, etc.. I go manually, find the traces and remove everthing I can see in dcp  and bpl  but fail again.

As I have to conclude a work today and I can not do it without using Unigui I will remove Delphi and re-install everything.

As we have (fortunatelly) frequent revisions of Unigui bringing improvements I suggest to the Unigui  – before any new revision – to create  some kind of efficient tool to clean traces of old installations? Otherwise we will be always afraid of installing the welcome new versions because we do not know if a problem like this will occur. I loosing 2 days of work by this simple reason. The previous version was working perfectly.

Regards and thanks in advance

P.S:  My previous version was recent but I do not remeber which.

4 hours ago, Farshad Mohajeri said:

Hello,

Please send me a PM.

Thanks

Hi Farshad  

I am not very much used with modern abbreviations

Could you please tell me what is the meaning of PM in this context ?

I am in the middle of a Windows “Restore” to try to solve my problems

Thanks for your time answering me

1 hour ago, SergioFeitoza said:

Hi Farshad  

it means send him private message

• Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, SergioFeitoza said:

Hi Farshad  

Let us know if you could resolve the problem. Otherwise send me a private message, so we can investigate it further.