tms xdata

picyka

7 minutes ago, zilav said:

any questions?

I'm going to start a new project, where I need a good performance, this project will have mobile too, so I thought about using 3 layers, I wanted to hear opinions if it works well with tms xdata

tms xdata good option for mobile. xdata + fgx native (native mobile for android and ios) works perfect. but im not using xdata dataset, only service contracts (server functions) and json serialization/deserialization into memory dataset. And im not using Aurelius because im not very big fan of ORM.

If you dont need ORM, you can try DMVC framework. Not so many features as xdata, but free.

19 minutes ago, zilav said:

tms xdata good option for mobile. xdata + fgx native (native mobile for android and ios) works perfect. but im not using xdata dataset, only service contracts (server functions) and json serialization/deserialization into memory dataset. And im not using Aurelius because im not very big fan of ORM.

If you dont need ORM, you can try DMVC framework. Not so many features as xdata, but free.

Currently I use Aurelius in my project, I'm already quite an ORM fan, I find it very productive, soon I'll start some tests to see how it looks, Thanks for sharing.

You won't regret using Xdata, I've been using it for a few years.
1- It is very fast
2- It has a very short learning curve
3- It has great support

It is an Excellent combination between UniGUI and XData.
I migrated all my applications from Datasnap to XData and I have better results.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, adan200 said:

You won't regret using Xdata, I've been using it for a few years.
1- It is very fast
2- It has a very short learning curve
3- It has great support

It is an Excellent combination between UniGUI and XData.
I migrated all my applications from Datasnap to XData and I have better results.

Very good to know that, I intend to start my studies soon, thanks for sharing.

16 hours ago, picyka said:

Very good to know that, I intend to start my studies soon, thanks for sharing.

Hello,

Sorry for my ignorance.

Why are you looking for XData technology, as Unigui is server side (it's just enough No ) ?

You can do what you want only with your classical DBaware (FireDac, IBDac, etc...)

Can Someone explain the benefit of using xData ?

Thx

2 hours ago, Abaksoft said:

imagine that you want to make a native mobile app to the same data as unigui. You can create a separate server for accessing data for the mobile app. And separately, unigui application for working with data via the web. Or you can create a single server for accessing data and use it in both the mobile app and unigui app. 

Additionally, you can use the xdata server for access from almost any programming language, php, python, java, c#, it does not matter.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, zilav said:

imagine that you want to make a native mobile app to the same data as unigui. You can create a separate server for accessing data for the mobile app. And separately, unigui application for working with data via the web. Or you can create a single server for accessing data and use it in both the mobile app and unigui app. 

Thank you Zilav,

Sorry, but all you said, we can do it easily with only Unigui. Why complicate things ?

Or have i misunderstand you ?

________

Edited

Ok. For an embeded Mobile app, we can do it with firemonkey and local dataBase. Once internet connected, we can switch to an other hybrid unigui app, and transfert the local SQL changes to the unigui server. is it right ?

So, XData is suitable for EMBEDED mobile app.

Connect to database from native mobile client to remote oracle/mssql/postgresql its not a good idea. You need a separate server to provide data access (xdata). 

Now we have a database server and we need to access data from unigui. You can use something like UNIDAC for data access, or you can remove the dependency on data access components and make the data access universal through REST API. In the future, you can even change the database server, for example, from oracle to postgreSQL and you will not need to change anything either in the unigi application or in the mobile application.

To summarize, if in the future you do not need to develop any additional applications for your project in the form of a third-party web application (js, python, php), a native mobile application, integration with third-party resources, then you do not need a separate data server, this is a waste of time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Abaksoft said:

Hello,

Sorry for my ignorance.

Why are you looking for XData technology, as Unigui is server side (it's just enough No ) ?

You can do what you want only with your classical DBaware (FireDac, IBDac, etc...)

Thx

With XData I can work with DBaware fields as well.
I seek centralization of business rules, access to more systems, such as mobile.

Not to mention that it could easily separate the system into 3 servers, database, api, unigui.

2 hours ago, ReaderF said:

Try HORSE micro framework 

I already played with Horse, it is very promising, but as I already use TMS AURELIUS, which for me is very practical, then it would be better to use XData, but I will still evaluate, to see if it is really worth it.

1 hour ago, Abaksoft said:

Thank you Zilav,

Sorry, but all you said, we can do it easily with only Unigui. Why complicate things ?

Or have i misunderstand you ?

________

Edited

Ok. For an embeded Mobile app, we can do it with firemonkey and local dataBase. Once internet connected, we can switch to an other hybrid unigui app, and transfert the local SQL changes to the unigui server. is it right ?

So, XData is suitable for EMBEDED mobile app.

Everything depends on the need, my case I need an api for third party access, mobile application, and web, not to mention that if one day you think about changing something, you don't need to change the entire structure.

Please don't forget that using a separate data and services layer like Xdata, mormot, Kbmmw, etc... permits to use  data and services that are on a REMOTE server on Http, when data aren't on the  same server of Unigui, and without a direct connection via lan.  
(Is possible also to use Remotedb for simple quering...)

29 minutes ago, Stemon63 said:

Please don't forget that using a separate data and services layer like Xdata, mormot, Kbmmw, etc... permits to use  data and services that are on a REMOTE server on Http, when data aren't on the  same server of Unigui, and without a direct connection via lan.  
(Is possible also to use Remotedb for simple quering...)

Maybe using xData it would be a little slower than direct access, but with a large load of users I believe it would be better, not to mention that I could use the api for other systems

10 minutes ago, zilav said:

ORM is not a good idea if you have a large amount of data or a complex database structure, for example, a primary key consisting of two fields

Systems with an old database is really annoying, but starting a project from scratch, it is worth studying, especially if you have several ways to connect to the same system.
Vcl, Unigui. FMX ...