Mobile vs. Desktop

dkeene

Hi All

I have license for both Mobile and Desktop Unigui. I started with Desktop for a mysql database App and it works well. However, I see many more useful components in the Mobile version, which unfortunately, won't work within the desktop applicatioin, for eample Toggle.

Are there one-to-one corresponding desktop components in the mobile version i.e., desktop is a subset of mobile? are there components on the desktop which are absent in the Mobile?

Can the desktop version of any unigui program be ported to Mobile?

I like unigui but now i am wondering why i didn't start developing my database app in the Mobile version which could be run on a desktop

Thanks

Doug

mobile components, and for use on mobile phones, if you use them, and open your website on your computer, it will just stretch your controls to fit the entire computer screen, this is not a good idea, as you will lose a lot of useful area that could be displaying some important information.

create the forms separately, but you can share all the code in datamodules, placing the queries, and the validation functions.

17 hours ago, dkeene said:

Can the desktop version of any unigui program be ported to Mobile?

I make unigui Desktop server and load different designs for Mobile or Desktop use without using mobile components!

This allows me to load a different design if the device is a mobile or desktop browser, even as an Android app

Of course, mobile components are a great help in developing applications for mobile device

why is there a difference between the two architectures? why can't they both work together? one could certainly design different forms for mobile or desktop, but they should both work in the same environment, which is a browser...