UniDbGrid - data is not retrieved/shown when the first row have higher height (more lines)

alfr

Hi Sherzod, appreciate if you can help me with the following problem or to find a workaround on it...

I have a normal uniDbGrid, which doesn't display data correctly when the first row has a higher height (more lines) than the other rows in the grid. I suppose the first line is used internally somehow for calculating the total height or when next page of data needs to be loaded from the dataset? 

The unidbgrid is not set to use BufferedStore, but to be "non-paged" and FetchedAll.

Is there some reconfiguring possible to get around this? To tell the grid to load new data earlier or somehow use other rowheight in calculations? (seems also scrollbar is very long when problem is active.)

I've attached a screen movie which shows when the problem occurs, and when not. (Also in attached test case.) The same data is used in both scenarios.

• In Scenario 1, with a row with multiple lines first on row 2 in the grid, everything works perfect! All 1000 lines are smoothly shown in the grid.
  • In Scenario 2, with a row with multiple lines on row 1 in the grid, a lot of white space is first shown after around a page of data or so, but after some more scrolling, the data is then shown in the grid.

Thanks in advance, 

Alf

1866581003_ProblemuniDbGridwithhighrow1.gif.6a2c0dbe2aae47cd1c4379d41df11b93.gif

TestCase.zip

UniGui Professional 1.90.0.1537 - (Licence renewed in October)

7 minutes ago, irigsoft said:

Why You use it to Fetch All record, on web (for speed) is better to show result with paged grids.

It's not that many records/much data in this case and we have no performance issues. However important to have a simple and easy to use user interface that feel modern, so I use paged grids only when necessary. 

12 minutes ago, alfr said:

It's not that many records/much data in this case and we have no performance issues. However important to have a simple and easy to use user interface that feel modern, so I use paged grids only when necessary. 

Thanks,

I tried to use FetchAll = True in my applications and this problem exists even in older versions of yours, there is no proper refresh when scrolling the web with FetchAll. To work around the problem, I'm using a Paged grid (but having trouble with internal column calculations)

+1 from me for this problem.

10 minutes ago, irigsoft said:

To work around the problem, I'm using a Paged grid (but having trouble with internal column calculations)

Thanks for replying. As I said, we have no need to have a paged grid in this case. But also with a paged grid the problem do occur with quite few records in the page - in the example around 52 rows or so. I assume this is related to the height of row 1 compared to other rows' height. I therefore need some way to handle/get around the problem...

Hi everybody,

I'm facing the exact same problem with Unistringgrid, maybe related?

I build the content of the cells manually and I suddenly started to see that the drawing of the grid stops at a certain point.

Strange thing is that when scrolling down further, it suddenly restarts redrawing.

Dominique

On 11/13/2020 at 12:35 PM, Sherzod said:

Hi,

I will try to analyze this issue.

Seems that the setting variableRowHeight would do the job? Or is it not the right version/available?

image.png.c867967304d738b0e3b1842974b70adf.png

https://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.5.3/classic/Ext.grid.column.Column.html#cfg-variableRowHeight

https://forum.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?470059-FIXED-ExtJS-6-5-Scroll-issue-in-grid-with-variable-height-rows

• Upvote 1