multi sites iis with hyperserver

Wilton Ergon

for each client, i have a website created at iss, each client has a database, i identify the client by URL, and then direct to the respective database.
I can have several sites configured in IIS pointing to the same folder that will be the hyperserver's dll
ex:
site1.mycompany.com.br
-> c:\mysystem\mydllhs.dll

site2.mycompany.com.br
-> c:\mysystem\mydllhs.dll

today i have a folder for each client with their respective hyperserver dll

ex:

site1.mycompany.com.br
-> c:\mysystem\site1\mydllhs.dll

site2.mycompany.com.br
-> c:\mysystem\site2\mydllhs.dll

site3.mycompany.com.br
-> c:\mysystem\site3\mydllhs.dll

I have 7 IP's bound to 1 NIC.

Each IP is assigned to a Domain with its own Digital Certificate (SSL).

I use 7 StandAlone Servers, one for each IP - all works fine.

On one particular Domain (IP) hosts my Accounting WebApp, the user has to fill in a Database Name (which I use localstorage to remember) along with his/her own User Credentials and this identifies the DataBase (Book Of Accounts) to use. Thus unlimited Company Books on one IP/Domain with multiple users are catered for. 

Hi Wilton

Isn't this a bit cumbersome?
Why not make more multi-tenant?

I also have several clients using the same application. Indeed every customer has its own database.
Then I have a user and tenant database. The tenant database contains a few customer details and a connection string that refers to the database and the username / password for this database.
Then there is a user, groups, members, rights tables with the user accounts and the correct rights, etc. Each user is linked to a tenant.
After logging in, the connection string refers to the correct customer / tenant database.
You only need 1 url to host your application.

• Like 1

yes, it would be perfect to be able to use only one url, but I started the project differently, where each customer already has their url, and I capture the database based on that url, I have a table in an auxiliary bank that registers the entire url , and in it I have the database information. changing that now would be very problematic, notifying the thousands of users that the access address has changed. I did the configuration here and it seems to be working, but I noticed that several executable instances are loaded, but only a few are used.

the project executable is loaded several times on the same port.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hi WIlton,

how many concurrent user works on the server with decent performances? (I known that depend on software architecture and optimizations...)
Only for an idea, how many node have and how many users for node?
I have now 12 rdp server with Delphi applications, and I am in porting all to Unigui. I hope to manage more concurrent users for server, now I have a 200-250 users limit (with delphi VCL exe).
I'm waiting also for Hyperserver balancer for this.
Thanks in advance!

I have a database server with dual xeom 128 gb

3 servers for unigui with 1 processor and 32 ram.
I use nginx for load balancing.
the bank server keeps 10%, and the remaining 30%

I have thousands of users

in your environment you could have only 2 servers.
goodbye to rdp.