Variables

fil

Why is a globally declared variable in the Main Form publicly available for all sessions?

I am declaring a variable in the main form. And this variable is publicly available for all sessions. It is not right.

how to avoid this? I need a separate variable for each session.

9 hours ago, fil said:

Why is a globally declared variable in the Main Form publicly available for all sessions?

Not only in the main form. Probably in any form. And in the unimainmodule including.

You need to declare global variables in the public section of the main module.

10 hours ago, fil said:

When implementing the functionality of this form, it is important to remember that it can only use the ServerModule, DataModule, and any other temporary form using them, but not the MainForm. In fact, no form should ever access the MainForm, but the MainModule.

On 10/30/2020 at 9:57 AM, fil said:

I am declaring a variable in the main form. And this variable is publicly available for all sessions. It is not right.

how to avoid this? I need a separate variable for each session.

How do I repeat this behaviour? I run two instances of the app in two tabs of the same browser or one instance each of the app in two different browsers and I am not seeing this.

I declare a variable in the public section of the MainForm:

public
    { Public declarations }
    cVar : String;

and add a button in the MainForm to change the variable to something in the OnClick event:

cVar:='Changed';

and show the variable in the MainForm's OnShow event:

showmessage(cVar);

After clicking the button in the first instance of the app, I run the second app but do not see the "Changed" message.

--
Frederick
(UniGUI Complete - Professional Edition 1.90.0.1539)