Grid Exporter - Need Options To Turn Off Title and Export to Server Side for processing

andyhill

Goal: Make a quick and nasty Grid Print.

Testing Grid Exporter I found I need more control over the results. I want to export a Grid to HTML and optionally save the results on Server silently, then process the HTML result dynamically, finally load it into a HTMLFrame and Print.

Problems found with current implementation:-

Cannot dynamically link and enable Exporter at runtime ?

Cannot dynamically Turn On/Off Grid Paging at runtime ?

Cannot control exported File Location (Client/Server) ?

//  dbGridItems.WebOptions.Paged:= False; // NEVER CHAGES
//  dbGridItems.JSInterface.JSCall('pagingBar.getComponent("refresh").click', []);
  //dbGridItems.Exporter.Exporter:= UniGridHTMLExporter1; // CRASHES
  //dbGridItems.Exporter.Enabled:= True;
  dbGridItems.Exporter.ExportGrid;
  //dbGridItems.Exporter.Enabled:= False;
//  dbGridItems.WebOptions.Paged:= True;

Please advise - Thanks

Exporter adds Default Title if left blank.

Exporter auto-downloads to client, I do not want it to download to client, I want it to export to Server where I will post process.

Changing dbGrid.WebOptions.Paged:= False; at runtime fails.

Assigning dbGrid.Exporter.Exporter:= UniGridHTMLExporter1; at runtime fails.

On 10/1/2020 at 11:08 PM, andyhill said:

Exporter adds Default Title if left blank.

Exporter auto-downloads to client, I do not want it to download to client, I want it to export to Server where I will post process.

Changing dbGrid.WebOptions.Paged:= False; at runtime fails.

Assigning dbGrid.Exporter.Exporter:= UniGridHTMLExporter1; at runtime fails.

Hi,

The exporter is designed to send Xls to the client-side as it is a native function of fExtJS. If you want to export in serverside, you need to use export with other tools.

You can't change paged in runtime. If you want to show all records,  you may increase WebOptions.PageSize to a high number.

Assigning exporter in runtime should work as you can see from Grid - Exporter demo. Please send a test case if you are still getting error.

Hayri, I appreciate your comments however you are only telling me what I already found out via testing.

What I would like is the ability to print grids without third party intervention - not a big ask when one considers most of the functionality is already there.

I ask that the UniGUI developers consider this.

4 hours ago, andyhill said:

Hayri, I appreciate your comments however you are only telling me what I already found out via testing.

What I would like is the ability to print grids without third party intervention - not a big ask when one considers most of the functionality is already there.

I ask that the UniGUI developers consider this.

Hi,

As we are using ExtJS Native Exporter, we don't have ability save it to server side.

As you can understand we are developing UniGUI side. We don't have any plan to implement any 3rd party excel exporter components.

It is your choice to select one and use it to export grid to server side.