Combobox Dropdown Not Refreshing

dkeene

Hello

I need a strategy or maybe I am doing something wrong. I have a dropdown and user types a few key letters in the edit part of the dropdown, and after a CheckChangeDelay of 4000 (for example), I have a function call within thecombobox.OnChange to return a result set based on the edit box which works well, and then dropdown the combobox for user to select from the results.

Problem is that although I clear the combobox items, they are still in the dropdown list and the dropdown does not reflect the changes that I made.

procedure TfmTableEdit.UniComboBoxChange(Sender: TObject);
var
   MySQL: String;

begin

MySQL:=// example "select name from table where name like '%keyword%' limit 7"

//Clear ComboBox Items.
   TUniDBCombobox(Sender).Items.Clear;
   TUniDBCombobox(Sender).Refresh;

uniMainModule.MPopulateviaSQL(MySQL, TUniComboBox(Sender), 100);  //populates this dbcombobox.items with result set from MySQL.

//force dropdown to open
   (Sender as TUniDBComboBox).JSInterface.JSCallDefer('expand', [], 200);

end;

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Doug

On 9/7/2020 at 10:28 AM, dkeene said:

Hello

I need a strategy or maybe I am doing something wrong. I have a dropdown and user types a few key letters in the edit part of the dropdown, and after a CheckChangeDelay of 4000 (for example), I have a function call within thecombobox.OnChange to return a result set based on the edit box which works well, and then dropdown the combobox for user to select from the results.

Problem is that although I clear the combobox items, they are still in the dropdown list and the dropdown does not reflect the changes that I made.

procedure TfmTableEdit.UniComboBoxChange(Sender: TObject);
var
   MySQL: String;

begin

MySQL:=// example "select name from table where name like '%keyword%' limit 7"

//Clear ComboBox Items.
   TUniDBCombobox(Sender).Items.Clear;
   TUniDBCombobox(Sender).Refresh;

uniMainModule.MPopulateviaSQL(MySQL, TUniComboBox(Sender), 100);  //populates this dbcombobox.items with result set from MySQL.

//force dropdown to open
   (Sender as TUniDBComboBox).JSInterface.JSCallDefer('expand', [], 200);

end;

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Doug

Hi,

Please set RemoteQuery:=True and use OnRemoteQuery event instead of OnChange event.

You can also check "ComboBox Remote Data" demo. It is for DBLookupCombobox but it is the same idea.

C:\Program Files (x86)\FMSoft\Framework\uniGUI\Demos\Desktop\ComboBox Remote Data