uniGUI DOES Mobile Browser Orientation Lock

This example demonstrates how to lock the position of the Mobile Browser so that there is no change in the rotation of the screen. Very simple in FMX but a little inaccurate in the browser and completely unreliable using CSS.

Once you set the lock in Portrait, turning the smartphone to landscape does not realign. This is very useful if you want to keep a fixed formatting in your APP (as in TikTok, but here in the browser).

You have to run to see the effect.

Mobile-LockByJS.jpg

Project available at https://unigui.express

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Fred Montier said:

This example demonstrates how to lock the position of the Mobile Browser so that there is no change in the rotation of the screen. Very simple in FMX but a little inaccurate in the browser and completely unreliable using CSS.

Once you set the lock in Portrait, turning the smartphone to landscape does not realign. This is very useful if you want to keep a fixed formatting in your APP (as in TikTok, but here in the browser).

You have to run to see the effect.

www.unigui.com.br-MobileLockByJS.rar

Mobile-LockByJS.jpg

Hi, this is great, anyway it can be done on startup without clicking on the button to activate ?

Yes, of course. That's why I placed the function in a button for you to pick up how to use.
I haven't found nothing in Ext.JS or in uniGUI about this subject. Buts this is a standard method  using JS in the latest browser version. Not tested in Iphone Safari.
I do appreciate any feed back about it. I have just Samsung and Xiomi smatphones.

Edited by Fred Montier
typos

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...