XE2 Cannot create output file

eono

Whenever i compile my UG app in XE2, it keeps giving F2039 : could not create output file. This only happens in this particular UG app. If i delete the file, then the compile goes through. I have searched high and low and am very very confident and sure that the file is not in use. Deleting the file does not raise any 'file in use error'

Env.

. Win 7

. XE 2 with update 2

. UG 87.901

Am at a loss here as having to delete d file before compiling/building is very cumbersome.

Any pointers/help will be appreciated.

If output file is an ISAPI dll then it maybe in use by ISAPI server. If not it looks like an XE2 issue. At compiling stage, a uniGUI app is just like any other Delphi app.

Hi Farshad,

Thanks for you reply.

It is a regular uG standalone app. I have other projects in the project group that compile. Only this particular app that doesnt compile. Even though i would want to say its an XE2 thing, cos it started after I upgraded to XE2 update 2, it only happens with this application.

The only solution right now is to manually delete the file and recompile the app. I have googled and all solutions found did not solve my problem.

If you suspect XE2, were do you think I should post the issue? I have not posted on Inprise/Borland/Codegear/Embarcadero before. :-(

Kind regards.

• Administrators

Hi Farshad,

Thanks for you reply.

It is a regular uG standalone app. I have other projects in the project group that compile. Only this particular app that doesnt compile. Even though i would want to say its an XE2 thing, cos it started after I upgraded to XE2 update 2, it only happens with this application.

The only solution right now is to manually delete the file and recompile the app. I have googled and all solutions found did not solve my problem.

If you suspect XE2, were do you think I should post the issue? I have not posted on Inprise/Borland/Codegear/Embarcadero before. :-(

Kind regards.

Can you reproduce this issue with any uniGUI app or just a particular app has this issue?