Target Android and iOS

Mehmet Emin

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, wilton_rad said:

yes, but you will not be able to run the application offline

İf uniGUI server app cab be targeted/compiled for android or iOS (I mean running unigui exe on mobile device) than at least we could have the same code base so that we can store data on local sqlite while offline, and when internet is available we can communicate with master server to post updates etc., this way we could have same of the business logic running on the mobile device.

I am very well aware of the absurd request (in practice) but I am trying to find a way to port my investment with unigui to other platforms otherwise I will be forced to move to other tools.

@Mehmet,

Your idea is great !

Since the begining of unigui project (2010), many users have asked Farshad to do it.

Today, as i see the succes of unigui  linux deployment..., i think FmSoft can do the same  On Android platform. That means, the server will be an android System.

But this is a long story ...maybe our magician (Farshad) has an idea...

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 9:02 PM, mhmda said:

I'm aware of that Apple don't like App with embed browser and load your site online !

What about running a service based app would it be allowed? I mean just a webserver so there is nothing to approve or reject as a UI. And running it like http://127.0.0.1 on the phone, that would do my requirement.

On 9/30/2020 at 9:42 AM, Abaksoft said:

@Mehmet,

Your idea is great !

Since the begining of unigui project (2010), many users have asked Farshad to do it.

Today, as i see the succes of unigui  linux deployment..., i think FmSoft can do the same  On Android platform. That means, the server will be an android System.

But this is a long story ...maybe our magician (Farshad) has an idea...

Then the problem becomes  the remote data management, like a "normal", "standard" website...

On 9/29/2020 at 8:02 PM, mhmda said:

For now it is impossible to run a Unigui app offline inside Android/iOS !

I'm aware of that Apple don't like App with embed browser and load your site online ! They refuse my apps :-(

Hi, I have already an "Unigui container" on Apple store. They have accept it. I have some other forms, like menus, parameters, user login data, and other app's forms. In the midst of these there is a form with webbrowser that manage remote Unigui apps.
So, I think that app don't have to contain exclusively web browser, but a complete app with other forms. Anyway you need a form for input user data (for automatic login), for parameters, and for manage notifications... even if the user then will always use "that" form.