Why 1 Page For "Save To PDF" And 2 Pages For "Print To Printer"?

Frederick

I have an A4 report that is generated from FastReport and the output goes to the TUniPDFFrame.

When the "Save To PDF" option is selected, TUniPDFFrame shows 1 page, which is correct. However, when I change the print option to my printer, TUniPDFFrame changes the number of pages to 2. Why does this happen?

--
Frederick
(UniGUI Complete - Professional Edition 1.90.0.1534)

5 hours ago, Jean-Marc Kiener said:

Maybe because your printer has different standard format then A4, so the page is rendered to this format. Some printer has US Letter Format by default which is slightly smaller then A4.

I switched the printer to the Microsoft XPS document printer in A4 mode, an Epson LQ2180 dot matrix printer in A4 mode and an AnyDesk printer in A4 mode and all reported that 2 sheets of paper are needed.

It doesn't look right.

8 hours ago, Frederick said:

When the "Save To PDF" option is selected, TUniPDFFrame shows 1 page, which is correct. However, when I change the print option to my printer, TUniPDFFrame changes the number of pages to 2. Why does this happen?

Can you provide your test pdf file!?

I am attaching two PDF files. The first, A4REP_PORTRAIT.PDF, shows 1 sheet of paper required when the output "Save To PDF" is selected and 2 sheets of paper are required when any physical printer is chosen.

The second, A4REP_LANDSCAPE.PDF, does the reverse. 2 sheets of paper are required when the output "Save To PDF" is selected and 1 sheet of paper is needed when any physical printer is chosen.

a4rep_portrait.pdf

a4rep_landscape.pdf

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, zhyhero said:

This knock down me too,

After some tests ,I use urlframe to show and print my pdf file.  

You mean you use TUniURLFrame instead of TUniPDFFrame to read and print the PDF file generated?

I still would prefer that TUniPDFFrame works as it should. After all, it is meant for PDF files.

1 minute ago, Frederick said:

You mean you use TUniURLFrame instead of TUniPDFFrame to read and print the PDF file generated?

I still would prefer that TUniPDFFrame works as it should. After all, it is meant for PDF files.

Yes ,use urlframe ,and  it show and print  pdf file  depend on webbrowser's pdf viewer.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that even with version 1.90.0.1536, the problem with different total pages for PDF and printer output still remains. Using TUniURLFrame to read the PDF file correctly shows 1 page for both PDF export and printer output.

Is the problem with TUniPDFFrame fixable or do I need to continue to use TUniURLFrame?