Configuring Linux Development Environment

Farshad Mohajeri

• Administrators

Please visit our online docs for a new section which introduces uniGUI for Linux and a tutorial to configure your system to run your first uniGUI Linux application:

http://www.unigui.com/doc/online_help/index.html?linux64.htm

This is the first version of this document and I'm aware there are still lots to add and a lot of room for improvements.

Thanks!

• Like 8

Thank you for Linux support and documentation.

Why don't you just add CDN support to new property like FrameworkFilesRoot="http://cdn.example.com/unigui"?

These framework files are all static and does not have to be served by uniGUI.

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, robinhodemorais said:

Farshad tested and approved, some components do not show the linux platform to add to the project, but realize that add or component with a windows platform and switch to linux, compile and run a custom test application.

image.png.2ba20eac57122abbc6136b919a2f0056.png

Great! Thanks for feedback.

There are still glitches in Linux port that must be resolved. We will continuously improve Linux support in upcoming builds.

Unfortunatelly it is no good framework to do something real in the Delphi + UniGUI. Lazarus has a good LCL that about totally compatible with the VCL framework on all platforms, and all code could be moved to Lazarus with minimal fixes. But in Delphi you have no VCL on Linux. You have only FMX, that even have no the TBitmap class and all apis if totally incompatible with the vcl. About all of code must be rewriteen. In the case of million lines it's a big chellenge. The Lazarus UniGUI version also not available at a moment.

Also I try to use CrossVCL. It seems to good replacemnt for VCL, and have most standard VCL classes in Linux (it is not free, but ok, it's not a big issue). But UniGUI could not be compiled at the moment with CrossVCL because part of modules are not open sourced and compilator returns error that unigui's modules could not be compiled with changed sourses.

And I don't know what to do next. Still waiting for now.

41 minutes ago, Tokay said:

Infelizmente, não é uma boa estrutura fazer algo real no Delphi + UniGUI. O Lazarus possui um bom LCL que é totalmente compatível com a estrutura VCL em todas as plataformas, e todo o código pode ser movido para o Lazarus com o mínimo de correções. Mas no Delphi você não tem VCL no Linux. Você tem apenas FMX, que ainda não possui a classe TBitmap e todas as APIs, se totalmente incompatível com o vcl. Sobre todo o código deve ser reescrito. No caso de milhões de linhas, é um grande desafio. A versão do Lazarus UniGUI também não está disponível no momento.

Também tento usar o CrossVCL. Parece bom substituto para o VCL e possui as classes VCL mais comuns no Linux (não é gratuito, mas ok, não é um grande problema). Mas o UniGUI não pôde ser compilado no momento com o CrossVCL porque parte dos módulos não é de código aberto e o compilador retorna um erro de que os módulos do unigui não puderam ser compilados com cursos alterados.

E eu não sei o que fazer a seguir. Ainda esperando por agora.

strongly disagree

Obrigado pelo seu vídeo. Mais ainda tenho uma dúvida. ¿O qué adianta façer rodar o Apache no Linux se o uniGUI nao pode façer apache modules no Linux e o ISAPI nao roda tambeim no Linux?

Thanks for Your video. But I still have a doub. Whats is the purpose to run Apache on Linux if uniGUI can't make apache modules for Linux and the ISAPI also doesn't work on Linux?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, oflor said:

Thanks for Your video. But I still have a doub. Whats is the purpose to run Apache on Linux if uniGUI can't make apache modules for Linux and the ISAPI also doesn't work on Linux?

Starting from build 1534 uniGUI can create native Apache modules for both Windows and Linux. Documents will be ready soon.

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Tokay said:

Unfortunatelly it is no good framework to do something real in the Delphi + UniGUI. Lazarus has a good LCL that about totally compatible with the VCL framework on all platforms, and all code could be moved to Lazarus with minimal fixes. But in Delphi you have no VCL on Linux. You have only FMX, that even have no the TBitmap class and all apis if totally incompatible with the vcl. About all of code must be rewriteen. In the case of million lines it's a big chellenge. The Lazarus UniGUI version also not available at a moment.

Also I try to use CrossVCL. It seems to good replacemnt for VCL, and have most standard VCL classes in Linux (it is not free, but ok, it's not a big issue). But UniGUI could not be compiled at the moment with CrossVCL because part of modules are not open sourced and compilator returns error that unigui's modules could not be compiled with changed sourses.

And I don't know what to do next. Still waiting for now.

Windows dependent API such as TBitmap is not accessible yet. We will try to implement something to replace them, but for now you can't use them.

That said, a complete web application can be developed without a need to use such OS dependent API calls. uniGUI allows using TUniNativeUmageList to bind it to almost any visual component including TUniImage.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, I set up the environment to try to compile an application in a Linux environment, but the error "[DCC Fatal Error] unilinux.dpr (7): F2613 Unit 'Forms' not found." I believe

that all libraries are correct what may be happening. Use of DX Rio.

I have selected Linux64 in Target Platforms and tried to reinstall but not success.

I use linux ubuntu 20.04LTS

During installation in the uSynEdit_R2022.bpl file on target platforms I can't add LINUX 64 only win32 and win64

Farshad, I was not able to compile the uniGui project, I thank you for your help, I believe it may be another problem, perhaps with the version (1.90.0.1530) that I am using I don't know. I will continue to try.

• 3 weeks later...