Test Last version in Virtual Machine

Giancarlo

Hi Farshad

I'm using the uniGui version uni-1.70.0.1485, then I want to test my production App with the last version 1.90.0.1534, then I made a copy of the my develop VM, to install the last version and test that my App run Ok, my question is, if all is ok with the new version, can I install with the new Licence in my original Develop VM?

Thanks in advanced

3 hours ago, Giancarlo said:

I'm using the uniGui version uni-1.70.0.1485, then I want to test my production App with the last version 1.90.0.1534, then I made a copy of the my develop VM, to install the last version and test that my App run Ok, my question is, if all is ok with the new version, can I install with the new Licence in my original Develop VM?

Hello,

Sorry, please clarify your question again. What is the essence of the question?

1 hour ago, Sherzod said:

Hello,

Sorry, please clarify your question again. What is the essence of the question?

Hi, thanks

I want to test that my app that is in production, will compile and run with no problem with the new unigui version, for that i need to uninstall my current unigui version 1.70.0.1485 and then install the last one, but if something get broken and no compile correctly I will need to go back. But I want to do a copy of my Virtual Machine, uninstall current unigui, install new one and do test, if all is ok, then do the installation, in my original VM on my laptop SSD disk and delete de copy VM on external Harddisk, if test is not ok, then delete de copy VM and continue using my current 1.70 unigui version.

But i do not want to have problem with my license when install in the VM copy, and then if all is Ok with new 1.90.0.1534 version, need to instal in the original VM.

I hope you can undertand , sorry for my English

Of course, it's just one of the VM use cases.

It would be better to prepare a VM machine with the installation of Delphi and the components used (in my case I always call it ANTE UNIGUI).
Then, starting from that machine, by copying, I install the new version of UNGUI.

This is because UNIGUI is released much more often than Delphi versions.

And in any case I always start from a clean installation without having to uninstall.

Angelo