Problems with WebApplication

Kattes

Hi again,

I recently started with my first Web-Application for mobile devices using the special mobile Components of Unigui.

In general everything works fine, but I am facing two problems:

1. I am not able to get use of Google Fonts in mobile applications - I tried all the tricks that worked for standard UniGui applications, but for whatever reason I cannot get the Google Fonts working under mobile environment.
  2. Full Screen Mode - After putting a link of my App on the home screen of my mobile it starts in full screen mode - so this works as expected. But whenever using UnimEdit, i.e. entering some text in this control it will leave full screen mode immediately , what is likely a bug. You can test this behavior quite easy with http://prime.fmsoft.net/demo/touch/mdemo65.dll/m. Just add it to your home screen of your smartphone and explore the Edit Components after starting in full screen mode.You will probably see the same problem. I hope that somebody knows a trick to avoid this?

Best regards,
Kattes

Hello,

11 hours ago, Kattes said:

I am not able to get use of Google Fonts in mobile applications - I tried all the tricks that worked for standard UniGui applications, but for whatever reason I cannot get the Google Fonts working under mobile environment.

Can you make a simple testcase?

11 hours ago, Kattes said:

Full Screen Mode - After putting a link of my App on the home screen of my mobile it starts in full screen mode - so this works as expected. But whenever using UnimEdit, i.e. entering some text in this control it will leave full screen mode immediately , what is likely a bug. You can test this behavior quite easy with http://prime.fmsoft.net/demo/touch/mdemo65.dll/m. Just add it to your home screen of your smartphone and explore the Edit Components after starting in full screen mode.You will probably see the same problem. I hope that somebody knows a trick to avoid this?

Which browser are you using!?

IMG_20200602_225608_300.thumb.jpg.bbc978290639eca80cc99742db90adb2.jpg

Hi Sherzod,

I am using a P20 Pro running Android 9 and Chrome as shown above for my tests but also saw same behavior on the Apple iPhone from a friend. 

I will make tomorrow a test cause fore the Google Font issue. 

Sorry, but I was too busy to care about the test case, but will do that as soon as I can...

Nevertheless my issue #2 - the full screen mode problem -  is solved! I found out that the full screen mode will be left only if an application does not run on a SSL connection. After I published my application on my web server (which uses SSL) the described problem #2 is gone. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

To be honest, the Google Fonts almost drove me crazy. I managed to use the "Roboto" font on my UnimLabel components relatively easily, but it just didn't work for the "Baloo 2" font. After much trial and error I decided to use the following routine:

procedure ForceLabelFont(var Unimlabel: tUnimLabel);
begin
  Unimlabel.Caption := '<div style="font-family: '''+Unimlabel.Font.Name+''';">'+
                             Unimlabel.Caption+'</div>';
end;

In the unit "Servermodule" I added within CustomCSS the following line:

@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Baloo+2:wght@500;600;700;800&display=swap');

In case someone has the same problems, please try this solution.

Best regards,
Kattes

• Like 2