ServerModule paths, dependencies

andersa@ellenshoej.dk

Hi Farshad

Can you give an overview on the different paths in servermodule and how they depend on each other?

Can I change paths in the OnCreate event? How do I do this correctly`?

Specifically these properties

ServerRoot

CacheFolder

FilesFolder

TempFolder

Logger.RootPath (Is this the correct property to change the log folder position?)

When setting cache folder I seem to have experienced that the system wants to put the cache in a subfolder of the given folder.

Example: I set CacehFolder to C:\Inetpub\myapp\cache

I believe I have seen the application try to use C:\Inetpub\myapp\cache\cache in this case.

Something odd is going on. :-/

Further observations:

You can set cache folder to an empty path at design time. It seems to then default to use the serverroot + '\cache\'.

You can not set files and temp to an empty path. They reset themselves back to 'files\' and 'temp\'.

Also, will unigui try to create these paths if they don't exist? In what cases?

• Administrators

Hi Farshad

Can you give an overview on the different paths in servermodule and how they depend on each other?

Can I change paths in the OnCreate event? How do I do this correctly`?

Specifically these properties

ServerRoot

CacheFolder

FilesFolder

TempFolder

Logger.RootPath (Is this the correct property to change the log folder position?)

When setting cache folder I seem to have experienced that the system wants to put the cache in a subfolder of the given folder.

Example: I set CacehFolder to C:\Inetpub\myapp\cache

I believe I have seen the application try to use C:\Inetpub\myapp\cache\cache in this case.

Something odd is going on. :-/

ServerRoot is the master root which will be used to calculate actual path of all partial roots.

Consider ServerRoot is 'C:\MYAPP\'

All partial paths are calculated respect to 'C:\MYAPP\'

If CacheFolder is 'myfiles\'

Full Cache path = 'C:\MYAPP\' + 'myfiles\' +'cache\'

'cache\' is automatically appended to user provided path: 'C:\MYAPP\myfiles\cache\'

If you provide a fully qualified path for CacheFolder then ServerRoot is ignored. 'cache\' is still appended.

uniGUI allows you to use complex path notations for ServerRoot such as '.\MyRoot' ,'..\MyRoot' or even '..\..\..\MyRoot'

All are translated to a proper physical path name.