UniMemo not updating correctly

dkeene

Hello All
I am using uniMemo and I set the text, adjust the font, height color, etc, and it displays correctly once. Any changes programatically to the Font, Size, Color, etc, are not refreshed.
I tried Repaint, Update, Refresh, and while the text updates, the Font/Color etc. do not. I tried varying the size of font, etc., but it does not seem to repaint with the new font characteristics.
Am i Missing something?

Also, despite using the following:

Self.uniMemo1.JSInterface.JSAddListener('afterrender', 'function(){this.inputEl.setStyle("line-height", this.inputEl.getStyle("font-size"))}'); 

as per a suggestion in the forum, the font text overlaps with multiple rows, or the first row is cut off. i would prefer a solution that does not rely upon css jscript touch-up...

Any suggestions?
Thank you
doug

2 minutes ago, dkeene said:
I am using uniMemo and I set the text, adjust the font, height color, etc, and it displays correctly once. Any changes programatically to the Font, Size, Color, etc, are not refreshed.
I tried Repaint, Update, Refresh, and while the text updates, the Font/Color etc. do not. I tried varying the size of font, etc., but it does not seem to repaint with the new font characteristics.
Am i Missing something?

Hello,

Can you please make a simple testcase for reproduce?

Here I set the Font of the control, "umLabelTextEditor":

function TToolPaletteForm.MSetScreenFont(aFont: TuniFont): integer

Self.umLabelTextEditor.Text:='hello'+intToStr(trunc(100*random));
      Self.umLabelTextEditor.Font.Size:=55;
      Self.umLabelTextEditor.JSInterface.JSAddListener('afterrender', 'function(){this.inputEl.setStyle("line-height", this.inputEl.getStyle("font-size"))}');
      Self.umLabelTextEditor.Font.Size:=aFont.Size;
      Self.umLabelTextEditor.Update;
      Self.umLabelTextEditor.Repaint;

i dont think i was adding the JSInterface.JSAddlistener correctly. do i add this each time the font is changed?

I set the following on FormCreate

Self.umLabelTextEditor.JSInterface.JSAddListener('afterrender', 'function(){this.inputEl.setStyle("line-height", this.inputEl.getStyle("font-size"))}');

So in use, when I set the Font to something different, say Tahoma, size=24, Color=clGreen, etc., the text changes, but the font, size, color, etc., does not change

and the line height is overlapping. 

Should this be called each time the font is change? 

4 hours ago, dkeene said:

I set the following on FormCreate

This is correct.

4 hours ago, dkeene said:

i dont think i was adding the JSInterface.JSAddlistener correctly. do i add this each time the font is changed?

Yes, it's wrong.

OK, try this on OnCreate and once:

UniMemo1.JSInterface.JSAddListener('afterrender', 'function(){this.inputEl.setStyle("line-height", "100%")}');

it seems that, by experimentation, the uniLabel, uniMemo (at least) only change font when the font size is >=9. While Size 8 seems to be displayed as a default, the control can't be "set" to size 8. Is this by design?

Thank you. Please, while you're checking this, please try setting "underline" and "strikeout" to the control. once a font is Underlined or strikeout=true, updating the font will not get rid of the strikeout or underline.

• 11 months later...

Any solution for changing the font size at run-time?

Using the addlistener works great if you will NEVER change the font size during the execution of the program.

But what if I want a ZOOM button so that the user can increase the font size each time they click the zoom button? My font gets bigger and bigger BUT they start to do the overlapping lines issue.

Thanks

DAvie