Lazarus/FPC Support

ahmed.atayib

I can almost guarantee that when uniGUI provides support for Lazarus/FPC, we will renew our subscription.

We really would like to hear some positive news about this topic.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

This is fairly old topic but I have to push this idea because it is more and more important to us.

RAD Studio is very expensive whereas Lazarus + FPC are free to use. I can understand that there are technical challenges to overcome about porting UniGUI to work on Lazarus + FPC but benefits for us would just be amazing.

My question is: Is there any plans to do this or is it too difficult or practically impossible to do? I would like to see clear answer on this because if it's not going to happen, we need to do certain adjustments to our plans in future as well.

Because of the silence of the developers on this, I lean to think that it won't be happening but I would be extremely happy to be wrong on this one.

// Mika

• Like 1

sencha, belongs to idera, who owns the delphi, if the unigui does this, it may be that idera does not renew the contract with unigui, oh no, it will do nothing, have the lazarus, and not have the sencha behind the unigui. it would be a war that the unigui would make with the idera, I think that is not a good idea.

I hope one day uniGUI considers a version of the tool that targets multiple JS UI client frameworks with linux (already present) and Lazarus. May be in the future the developer makes available some abstract parts of the tool to override and adapt it to different JS UI frameworks. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/10/2020 at 7:15 AM, mika said:

This is fairly old topic but I have to push this idea because it is more and more important to us.

RAD Studio is very expensive whereas Lazarus + FPC are free to use. I can understand that there are technical challenges to overcome about porting UniGUI to work on Lazarus + FPC but benefits for us would just be amazing.

My question is: Is there any plans to do this or is it too difficult or practically impossible to do? I would like to see clear answer on this because if it's not going to happen, we need to do certain adjustments to our plans in future as well.

Because of the silence of the developers on this, I lean to think that it won't be happening but I would be extremely happy to be wrong on this one.

// Mika

3 hours ago, asapltda said:

Totally very expensive agree, there is another interesting raudus program for lazarus

1. AFAK, Project Raudus is no longer supported since june 2019.

2. You are right, RAD Studio is too expensive. EMB should review its business strategy for the coming years.

3. In additional to what was said by Wilton_rad

an alternative would be for EMB to open linux for delphi professional 10.5 and everyone would be a winner (emb will get a lot of subscriptions).

Hoping EMB has ears in this forum :)

_______

EDITED

The best solution win/win, would be, to present Delphi Professional with an option: "Linux support"  for a reasonable price.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

the best is unigui Design with delphi (i love delphi gui than Lazarus), support compile to fpc win32 (without lazarus), next support fpc linux64, next fpc arm/aarch raspi etc.

i m soho using delphi prof without linux plaform (very sad)