Problem With Grid's Refreshing

dionel1969

Hello:

I have developed 3 applications, smalls but they are applications, and work well until they have not to use data refreshing. Is the worse problem than I have. There are others but I have found alternative solutions. I've been reviewing the events that are generated from the client when I create the form and when I give just refresh the data clicking on the "Refresh Button" and there is a difference: the "data event" is generated only when I go into the window and not when I refresh data clicking on the button. How could I use the same button from the client side (web browser) to generate these events?

// Showing Form

options=2

_seq_=9

IsEvent=1

Obj=OB5

Evt=data

_S_ID=KSbWmuOucCqu6Yw

Ajax=1

Ajax=1

IsEvent=1

Obj=OB5

Evt=viewrefresh

_S_ID=KSbWmuOucCqu6Yw

_seq_=a

Ajax=1

Ajax=1

IsEvent=1

Obj=OD3

Evt=load

This=OD3

Records=undefined

Options=undefined

_S_ID=KSbWmuOucCqu6Yw

_seq_=b

Ajax=1

IsEvent=1

Obj=OD1

Evt=cellselect

This=OD1

RowIndex=0

ColIndex=1

_fp_=_S_ID=KSbWmuOucCqu6Yw&OCD=%020%02%02%030%031%03

_seq_=c

//Refreshing

Ajax=1

IsEvent=1

Obj=OB5

Evt=viewrefresh

_S_ID=KSbWmuOucCqu6Yw

_seq_=11

Ajax=1

Ajax=1

IsEvent=1

Obj=OD1

Evt=cellselect

This=OD1

RowIndex=0

ColIndex=1

_S_ID=KSbWmuOucCqu6Yw

_seq_=12

May be, while I'm waiting for next release of UNIGUI I can solve temporaly this way my problem.

Hello,

I didn't fully understand your problem.

In short, do you want to refresh Grid in Java script code?

More or less: Yes.

Some time ago I post here about the problem of Refreshing Grids, i.e. when the number of rows is different between refreshing (before and after) the grid show correctly data, but when the number of rows are equal "sometimes" it does not work good ("refreshing of grid"). I found a trick and works good for small apps and/or for small quantity of rows, but it is not good for big number of rows. Then, when you show form containing grid first time, there are 4 events called from JavaScript code, 2 of them (data, viewrefreshing) give the possibility of showing data right. But, but, but when you invoke a refreshing from a button, just 1 event is called (viewrefreshing) may be the views "as is" (visual control) is good refreshing but the data not. So, I think, and at the same time may be I wrong, if I could call this 2 events from JavaScript or provocate they the data will be refresh and the visual control too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

ColIndex=1

_fp_=_S_ID=KSbWmuOucCqu6Yw&OCD=%020%02%02%030%031%03

Sorry for replying to this old thread but I'm having issues recording an UniGui session with Apache JMeter.

It looks like the quoted variable is somehow weird, indeed there should be the _S_ID = <session_id>  as the previously requests, but it is different, kinda mixed with the _fp_ variable.

Can anybody explain me if this is the normal behavior?

Looking through Wireshark I can see...

Hypertext Transfer Protocol

HTML Form URL Encoded: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Form item: "Ajax" = "1"

Form item: "IsEvent" = "1"

Form item: "Obj" = "O220"

Form item: "Evt" = "select"

Form item: "this" = "O220"

Form item: ""_fp_" = "_S_ID=QZ3bYFScfeFFD6D531"

Form item: "O220" = "0Verboten""

Form item: "_seq_" = "b"

Form item: "_uo_" = "O80"

Again, I see double quotes where they shouldn't be, this maybe is the reason because JMeter as a proxy thrown me out giving "Invalid Session ID"...

• Administrators

Sorry for replying to this old thread but I'm having issues recording an UniGui session with Apache JMeter.

It looks like the quoted variable is somehow weird, indeed there should be the _S_ID =  as the previously requests, but it is different, kinda mixed with the _fp_ variable.

Can anybody explain me if this is the normal behavior?

Looking through Wireshark I can see...

Again, I see double quotes where they shouldn't be, this maybe is the reason because JMeter as a proxy thrown me out giving "Invalid Session ID"...

Hi,

Welcome to forums.

What do you mean by saying "recording a session"?

Thanks...

I mean using Apache JMeter as a proxy and recording the session on my UniGUI site (like this https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-jmeter-to-record-test-scenarios)

I have my load balancers injecting a session cookie to lock the browser to a certain backend server and your Stress Tool does not support cookies them because UniGui does not use them.

For this reason, going through my load balancers is perfectly fine using a browser (that supports cookies), but your stress tool thrown out many errors because the session jumps from one backend server to the other. The only thing that prevent using different backends for the same session is the cookie injected by the load balancer.

So, JMeter supports cookies and I need it as a stress tool.

JMeter can record a session as your stress tool does, but sometimes the session is reset unexpectedly and, looking on the requests, I can guess that the session is being rejected because of the malformed Ajax parameter that  has a double-double quote in it:

On the highlighted row there is the _S_ID string but it looks malformed, somehow mixed with the _fp_ variable.

This is the error that, in my opinion, results in a "invalid session" when recording the session with JMeter.

I don't know why the browser does not show errors, probably JMeter is more sensitive...

Can you help me?

• Administrators

Thanks...

I mean using Apache JMeter as a proxy and recording the session on my UniGUI site (like this https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-jmeter-to-record-test-scenarios)

I have my load balancers injecting a session cookie to lock the browser to a certain backend server and your Stress Tool does not support cookies them because UniGui does not use them.

For this reason, going through my load balancers is perfectly fine using a browser (that supports cookies), but your stress tool thrown out many errors because the session jumps from one backend server to the other. The only thing that prevent using different backends for the same session is the cookie injected by the load balancer.

So, JMeter supports cookies and I need it as a stress tool.

JMeter can record a session as your stress tool does, but sometimes the session is reset unexpectedly and, looking on the requests, I can guess that the session is being rejected because of the malformed Ajax parameter that  has a double-double quote in it:

I fixed this problem.

I fixed this problem.

How about? Is there a new version?

About our UniGui version, I'm will ask to the developer that is testing UniGUI as soon as possible. We probably bought a license to evaluate the product but I can't confirm that right now.

• Administrators

How about? Is there a new version?

About our UniGui version, I'm will ask to the developer that is testing UniGUI as soon as possible. We probably bought a license to evaluate the product but I can't confirm that right now.

This will be available this week in next build which will be available to our customers only. Trial edition will be updated later.