Resize of panels according to the components that have inside them

Rafael P

Hi everyone!

I'm kind of new into mobile development using framework Unigui in this current version (Trial 1.90.0.1520 - Equinox).

So i was searching in forum about a doubt that was not resolved it at all, and i didn't find any answers that could helping me to find a clearly solution. But here in fact:

- I have a Container Panel with alignment property (AlClient) defined. And inside him i have another UnimPanel form (again, with property Alclient defined) and a lot of components inside of them, like a UnimEdit, UnimCheckbox, Grid, etc... So, which property i have to use to, when i have more components inside that panel, he can dinamically adjust itself, besides i don't have to set a fixed height to my form?

- Sorry if i posted in the wrong section or i don't used it correctly enough. I'm open to suggestions or links that could help me!

Thanks. 

Hi Rafael, 
  the main suggestion is not use the Align property that implements a server side alignment.
Instead of that, in MainForm and in every contained panel, set the property AlignmentControl to
uniAlignmentClient that uses the powerful client side alignment of ExtJs.
You should find many examples in the forum (like http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/7848-layout-advanced-tutorial/and in Clientside Alignment part of demos of  your UniGui installation.
For your specific question you can check also the Reference Manual in 
http://www.unigui.com/doc/online_help/api/LayoutForm.html

Regards
Cesare

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 11 months later...

Definitely not enough documentation on how uniAlignmentClient works with LayoutConfig/LayoutAttibs.

I have the same problem. I need to make back panel to fit all child panels/components placed on it.

Tried vbox and some semi-random tinkering, and components inside panel align themselves just fine, but that underlying panel just does not resize to fit them all when I make error label visible.

out.gif.60cd0b1dc27d2ae15406d71173f99d4e.gif

And no, I do not want to fit all of this into full screen form, just into panel (outside rectangle on gif).

How to design that?

2 minutes ago, rgreat said:

I have the same problem. I need to make back panel to fit all child panels/components placed on it.

Tried vbox and some semi-random tinkering, but it Panel just does not resize when I make label visible.

Hello,

Do you have a simple testcase for this?

4 minutes ago, Sherzod said:

AggregateLoginPanel -> LayoutConfig -> Height = 100%

Excellent!

out.gif.3421ef16acaa9748928441ce09c61c14.gif

Is there any way I can educate myself about how all of this works?

Demos/Examples included in UniGUI are nice but not really enough to grasp such an extended topic.