UniFileUpload OnCompleted

Wicket

Hi All,

I am using UniFileUpload to upload a spreadsheet xlsx - which works great.

However, I have an issue with what comes next. I do some heavy database import work, to take contents of the spreadsheet and import them into relevant tables. I do this work in the OnCompleted event of UniFileUpload - this can take anywhere from 20 seconds to 1 minute or so.

During this time I want to show the user that the process is still working away - currently it just shows the UniFileUpload dialog. This is not acceptable for the user as it looks like the program has hung.

I have tried adding a loading ScreenMask in many ways (trying to Synchronize, adding a mask to the form etc) - but I just can not get it to work/show ontop of the upload form. I have EnableSynchronousOperations := True if that makes a difference.

Not being able to show some sort of progress/Screen mask in this situation is causing me several issues with users, not to mention the bad user experience this brings.

Has anyone got a solution to this?

26 minutes ago, Wicket said:

I do some heavy database import work, to take contents of the spreadsheet and import them into relevant tables. I do this work in the OnCompleted event of UniFileUpload - this can take anywhere from 20 seconds to 1 minute or so.

Hi,

I think you should do this in another event ... for example using UniTimer.

procedure TMainForm.UniFileUpload1Completed(Sender: TObject; AStream: TFileStream);
begin
  UniTimer1.Enabled := True;
end;
procedure TMainForm.UniTimer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
begin
  (Sender as TUniTimer).Enabled := False;
  try
    ShowMask('Wait...');
    UniSession.Synchronize();

// main code that takes some time...

HideMask;
  except