Please enhance UniStinggrid with UniDbgrid features

Lchris

Hello Farshad and Sherzod,

I'm not a customer yet, i'm just checking Trial (1.90.0.1520 (uniGUI Equinox) and all my try's hit the same wall, UniString grid.

I'm so sad because I really wanted to suggest Unigui to my boss, but I will have to suggest TMS web core instead.

But, I would really prefer Unigui, because  if I had myself the skills to do a web framwork I would have done it exactly like Farshad and Unigui with a server side and hyperserver. It's fantastic you have the Delphi spirit.

I will probably give up, but I don't want to leave without explaining what's wrong.

More exactly in this thread 

The last sentence is wrong. Big Big big wrong. 

SHerzod is very skilled and helpfull, but when he says 

On 1/3/2020 at 8:42 AM, Sherzod said:

But as you know, as the name implies, the cells of the UniStringGrid component may contain data of type String in the first place.

He can't be more wrong. Because when people talk about stringgrid in fact they use TMS TadvStringgrig or Expressgrid and expect such features !

When I say feature, I mean feature, not mecanic. 

For exemple "widgets" are HIGHLY NEEDED.    We need to be able to put progress bars by cell (not only by column) in grids and any widgets and any editors, like unidbgrid but with cells.

It can be implemented another way, for exemple "widgets" like in UniDBgrid

We need groups and every extra feature allready available in UniDBgrid is it really so difficult to transpose the job allready done ?

If you do this I'll propably even more regret having been forced to choose TMS web core over Unigui for features, but it will be good for others and for Delphi.

Good luck Farshad

keep up the good work and going in the right direction.

Best regards

So sorry., hope my analysis will help you understand why people keep asking

Chris

2 hours ago, Lchris said:

I'm so sad because I really wanted to suggest Unigui to my boss, but I will have to suggest TMS web core instead.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in UniGUI!

But what if you will use an UniDBGrid with a memory dataset, instead of UniStrinGrid?!

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...