Unidbgrid does not reflect the number of pages

vicente

Hello, i am using unidbgrid to show the information of one table that it has 100000 records. Well, when i open the table the grid does not reflect the number of pages well.

I refresh the grid with the controls of the grid and i use page adv, and page forw. and and first page and last page the number of pages is not correct. for every use of refresh it tell me that i have 1 plus page. If i use Unidbnavigator it works fine.

¿ is this a fail ?

Thanks.

• Administrators

Hello, i am using unidbgrid to show the information of one table that it has 100000 records. Well, when i open the table the grid does not reflect the number of pages well.

I refresh the grid with the controls of the grid and i use page adv, and page forw. and and first page and last page the number of pages is not correct. for every use of refresh it tell me that i have 1 plus page. If i use Unidbnavigator it works fine.

¿ is this a fail ?

Thanks.

What sort of DB engine are you using?

• 4 weeks later...

I am using oracle express 10 like dtabase. I use too specific components to access database (www.devart.com) (odac).

Thanks.

I also got the same problem with you. It's a dataset with around 5000 records.

I'm using Firebird SQL Server with IBDataset on Delphi XE.

Anyway, i got the solution.

After opening the dataset, i issue 'dataset.Last' and then 'dataset.First'.

Suddenly, the grid showing the right number of page.

btw, if using TuniDBNavigator, how to set the default navigation of the TuniDBGrid to only show 'Page x of x' without any navigation ??

Well, if anyone can prepare a test case for this it will be highly appreciated.

ok, gladly....

I attach the small project along with the database.

I'm using Delphi XE, Firebird SQL Server version 2.1, and Interbase as the connection.

Hope you can fix the bugs.

uniGui.zip

• Administrators

ok, gladly....

I attach the small project along with the database.

I'm using Delphi XE, Firebird SQL Server version 2.1, and Interbase as the connection.

Hope you can fix the bugs.

Thx.

As I expected RecordCount value is not consistent. After call to Open, RecordCount is 1. When you call Last it is updated to actual row count.

I'll try to find a fix.

Logged #1167