UrlReferer Setup

artem_niko

6 minutes ago, Sherzod said:

Hello,

Here's what you need to know for starters I think:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System

AND? This is not what I need. I do not need to read about this theory of sitting. I know that among the members of the forum there are those who have already set up this and ask to share experiences or examples.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 5:55 AM, Артем said:

Anybody can explain how do this?

What you are asking actually has nothing to do with your application or UniGUI.   The UrlReferer property is (I'm guessing) coming from the end user's browser.

You need to register a domain name.  On the Internet that means you buy a .com name from GoDaddy or whatever.  That will get you a name you can reference to your www DNS records that will include the IP address of your server.

If you are inside a Network farm, such as you have your own Windows network you would have an Active Directory or DNS server responsible for relating those records internally.  So that when you go to http://mywickedawesomeapp.networkname.local it will go to your server where the UniGUI app is listening for network traffic on that IP and on the port you setup.

Whatever server you are running is getting the server IP address from it's DHCP (ie. a router or DHCP server).  

Hope this sets you on the right path.

Tim

On 2/19/2020 at 6:29 AM, Tim Mckay said:

What you are asking actually has nothing to do with your application or UniGUI.   The UrlReferer property is (I'm guessing) coming from the end user's browser.

You need to register a domain name.  On the Internet that means you buy a .com name from GoDaddy or whatever.  That will get you a name you can reference to your www DNS records that will include the IP address of your server.

If you are inside a Network farm, such as you have your own Windows network you would have an Active Directory or DNS server responsible for relating those records internally.  So that when you go to http://mywickedawesomeapp.networkname.local it will go to your server where the UniGUI app is listening for network traffic on that IP and on the port you setup.

Whatever server you are running is getting the server IP address from it's DHCP (ie. a router or DHCP server).  

Hope this sets you on the right path.

Tim

Hello!

I already have domain. Let's him name msccsite.ru.

What actions I must execute, that referer will be working?

Please, explain step by step.

44 minutes ago, Артем said:

Hello!

I already have domain. Let's him name msccsite.ru.

What actions I must execute, that referer will be working?

Please, explain step by step.

Unfortunately, that's impossible for me to do. 

Why is that?

• Because I use GoDaddy to register my Domains.
  • I use GoDaddy (and sometimes Wix.com) to manage my Internet DNS.
  • I have a registered static IP with my local ISP, and a business level Internet Service that allows me to run servers for incoming traffic.
  • I have an on-site Internet Security device that I configure for my many websites, email, VPN and other services I provide myself and a few clients
  • I have a router that acts as a DHCP server over IPv4 and IPv6..
  • My server farm is based on physical Windows hosts running a Hyper-V farm environment mostly on Windows 2012 R2 with Windows DNS for my Active Directory Domain.  
  • One of my virtual machines runs SQL Server 2017, another is a generic Windows with IIS, while another is a dedicated virtual machine for my main UniGUI application.  There are 7 other virtual machines for other things.
  • Does that configuration exactly match yours?  Probably not.  As you can see there are many many parts to get it all working.   My way is more complicated than many, and more simple than others.  Yours?  I have no idea.  

None of this is a programming matter.  It is a networking and server configuration matter.  It sounds like you're at the very very start of your journey.   I have been working with servers and networking for 20+ years, and am still learning new things.  

I would recommend looking at Youtube, or maybe contacting your domain registrar.  You need to know a lot of things to get all that working right, unfortunately this is not the right forum for networking and server management topics.  Maybe hire someone to help you set it up the first time and that way you know it is working, instead of trying to figure it all out.