Disappointed with Unigui? There are alternatives coming!

d.bernaert

Comparing uniGUI to TMS web core is compairing apples and oranges. They have only Pascal dialect as common and they target different niches.

I am new to uniGUI and only developed two intranet apps with it so far I am very satisfied with the development speed uniGUI offers.

I would like to say thank you to the development/support team behind uniGUI for bringing such product to Delphi community.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/3/2019 at 12:21 PM, kkelchev said:

UniGUI is the best thing that has happened for Delphi community since 10-15 years

And I'm ready to sign this statement with my both hands.

Have a nice day.

I fully agree, and it is the great integration with Delphi and its visual tools,
and the server-centric approach that makes it so powerful and almost priceless.

• 2 weeks later...

Unigui is an excellent tool and I have based a lot of business on it. Long may it continue. 

In terms of support I think it’s also excellent. The support team responds very quickly to the vast majority of questions on the forums. I see a lot of users asking for the support team to write code for them (which they do most of the time) Which in my opinion is not the job of support. 

Keep up the good work guys.

• Like 2

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Wicket said:

Unigui is an excellent tool and I have based a lot of business on it. Long may it continue. 

In terms of support I think it’s also excellent. The support team responds very quickly to the vast majority of questions on the forums. I see a lot of users asking for the support team to write code for them (which they do most of the time) Which in my opinion is not the job of support. 

Keep up the good work guys.

Thank you for your comment. We will try to deserve positive comments and take required lessons from critical comments in this thread.

PS: A new roadmap will be published today.

• Like 4

Hi Farshad

It is good to hear that something is going to happen to the critical comment in this post.

I am one of them and therefore very curious how this will be filled in and how we will
notice this. Of course, it goes beyond a new roadmap or extension of subscriptions.
It would help to make it S.M.A.R.T.

Regards Peter

• Like 1

I don't know anything that can be compared to Unigui. Until there is something really that can be compared to what there is today, the advances that Unigui will have already made will be difficult to achieve.

Everything we need we can do it one way or another at Unigui.

The support of the Unigui team is without comparison.

Certainly having responsive layout and not having to create a mobile form and a web form will be fantastic. Looking forward to it.

Não conheço nada que possa ser comparado ao Unigui. Até que exista algo realmente que possa ser comparado ao que hoje existe, os avanços que a Unigui já terá sofrido serão difícies de serem alcançados.

Tudo que necessitamos podemos de um jeito ou de outro conseguir no Unigui.

O suporte da equipe Unigui é sem comparação.

Com certeza termos leiaute responsivo e não ter que criar um form para mobile e outro para web será fantástico. Aguardando ansioso 

• Like 4

I tested IW, I do some things with PHP but the productivity and feeling of being on VCL with uniGUI was decisive for me.

I would like to ask you all a section with SUCCESS CASES, I excuse me to show the migration of my ERP in an environment (almost a framework) for uniGUI, Project RADCORE.

Congratulation @Farshad Mohajeri

YouTube:https://youtu.be/0et3aWqdtCA

• Upvote 1

On 09/12/2019 at 10:36, RobertoLopes said:

Como ex-usuário da Intraweb, posso dizer. Unigui não tem preço. Período.

A única coisa que tenho para reclamar é a falta de empresas que oferecem componentes para a Unigui. Novamente, a culpa não é da unigui, mas coisas como os controles do Syncfusion economizariam muito tempo para nós.

Felicidades

do you have 2 kidneys? you may need 1 to buy Syncfusion licenses

18 minutes ago, wilton_rad said:

do you have 2 kidneys? you may need 1 to buy Syncfusion licenses

They are free to use if you make less than 1 million dollars each year or if you have a team of more than 5 members.

If that is the case I don't think you will mind paying the license.

20 hours ago, d.bernaert said:

They are free to use if you make less than 1 million dollars each year or if you have a team of more than 5 members.

If that is the case I don't think you will mind paying the license.

That's what I'm talking about. Apart from 1 or 2 companies WHO else provides unigui components ready to place on the forms like CGDEVTOOLS or TMS does for Intraweb. 

Look I was an intensive user of Intraweb and besides the bugs the components available are really HUGE. 

Even if I had to buy a license (as I have buyed TMS and CGDEV when I was using them), I would do it no problem. Business is business.

So, does FMSOFT have plans to pair with some company to provide some component packages soon ?

Hi 

I am using uniGui For almost 2 years , and I agree that it was the best thing that happened to Delphi in as long as I remember, 

I think Mr. Farshad and the FMSoft Team is doing a good job , there is always a room for improvement and it can be faster but so far so good.

I have finished my first project and it is very stable and working fine for 3 hotels so far no complains whatsoever.

everyone is missing some feature and waiting for it to be released for example I was waiting for :

1- the Scheduler Quasar (2.0.0)

2- the UniDBgrid able to type without mouse click or press Enter

I hope you all the best and may next year be better roadmap for FMSoft

Regards

• Like 5

On 1/5/2020 at 6:06 AM, M.Ammar said:

Hi 

I am using uniGui For almost 2 years , and I agree that it was the best thing that happened to Delphi in as long as I remember, 

I think Mr. Farshad and the FMSoft Team is doing a good job , there is always a room for improvement and it can be faster but so far so good.

I have finished my first project and it is very stable and working fine for 3 hotels so far no complains whatsoever.

everyone is missing some feature and waiting for it to be released for example I was waiting for :

1- the Scheduler Quasar (2.0.0)

2- the UniDBgrid able to type without mouse click or press Enter

I hope you all the best and may next year be better roadmap for FMSoft

Regards

I totally use your words and I also wait for the Qasar schedule, set up one in html to answer for now.
Long live Unigui.

• Like 1

I think that author of this post pursued the goal just only to faster fix some bugs which he is waiting for year ) Nobody in their right mind will cross from UniGUI to TMS. Those who tell about TMS - why you don't use IntraWeb?

• Administrators
On 1/9/2020 at 8:42 PM, Ruslan said:

I think that author of this post pursued the goal just only to faster fix some bugs which he is waiting for year ) Nobody in their right mind will cross from UniGUI to TMS. Those who tell about TMS - why you don't use IntraWeb?

Actually what he reported was a missing feature. That is a major improvement to ComboBox which I was trying to implement in past few weeks. It is almost finished now and will be available in next build on Monday.

Hi Farshad,

please Listen to me!
Please, insert in the next release a small improvement: editing in Dbgrid without press Enter or mouse click. It must works as vcl Dbgrid. Stop.

There are almost 20 requests on this problem, but no valid solution. Please address the issue and resolve it. 
I have almost 3 apps that cannot distribuite because user must insert or edit records in grids very quickly;  those apps are  locked because user cannot leave desktop in favor of web unigui. They cannot works on frontend with people without rapid editing/inserting.
A small thing that will make happy a lot may of us immediately!!

(there is also a way for avoid record refresh in grid when change row after editing? It refresh the record with a delay that is not necessary if all data in the row is the same; is necessary only when some data must  be changed at server level).

Let's start with solving little things that block us...
I hope my prayer will be answered :-)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stemon63 said:

Please, insert in the next release a small improvement: editing in Dbgrid without press Enter or mouse click. It must works as vcl Dbgrid. Stop.

There are almost 20 requests on this problem, but no valid solution. Please address the issue and resolve it. 

Hi,

Can you please try to use this approach for now?:

• 5 months later...
On 11/23/2019 at 1:35 PM, davidizadar said:

Hi everyone,

This post has two parts:

1. A complaint about the development speed of uniGUI (and about the transparency about its progress)
  2. Alternative solutions like TMS Web Core

Your complaint is valid because the progress in uniGUI development slowed down this year (good reasons or bad reasons, it doesn't matter). Also, the Roadmap 2019 was very ambitious and it was affected by the slower speed. You are right on this point.

The second point is not right for most of the developers using uniGUI. Let me explain why (before I get lynched without jury or trial).

The main goal of uniGUI is to bring the power of a Delphi desktop application to the web and doing so while preserving what makes Delphi one of the best RAD tools ever created.

Some people could be smiling now but let me mention a few things we take for granted in Delphi:

• Visual form designer with property editors and under-the-hook links to data modules containing datasets, action lists, and all kinds of events (no need for pesky MVC,/MVVC, or any other over-complicated and over-engineered tools except pure and clean Delphi).
  • Data grids that get linked at design time and just work.
  • Clear separation of the user interface and the business logic using forms and data modules.

Any common application requires a database and if you need a scalable application, you will need a good middle tier for connecting to it and managing the connections from multiple clients. This scenario was always a problem for client/server applications written in Delphi because each one of them used a data module for its connection, but so did every other client. Products like RemObjects DataAbstract were created for solving this issue. With uniGUI, you get your server which holds that data module and DataAbstract becomes a luxury you don't really need. As soon as HyperServer runs as a Server Farm, you will be able to handle as many clients as your server infrastructure can handle.

On the other hand, you can have all your code in JavaScript and that doesn't mean that your application can scale, it is just that you will need to create your own server and manage your connections.

I could expand my answer, but it should be enough.

My last comment is that TMS Web Core is not the only "alternative". Even the old IntraWeb is trying to create a "revolution" by over-promising, under-delivering, and trying to reinvent the wheel. All these products are years behind what uniGUI currently offers.

We want more, we want everything! But just try any of the alternatives and you will see the difference.

As a parting gift.

Last year I was requested to develop a relatively simple application but using IntraWeb plus CGDevTools.

After a few days, I finally discovered that they didn't have modal forms and the tricky solution they offered only worked for simple pop up messages.

It took me a couple of weeks to create a generic solution that worked "almost" like a modal form. Another week to discover that none of the dataset events were really supported by their grids and that my assumptions were wrong about being capable of working Delphi-style. In the end, I learned a lot of idiosyncrasies about the product, deliver my project, and became convinced that IW + CGDevTools (including jQuery) was a waste of time.

Anyone is welcomed to repeat the experience...

Sorry for the rant.

David Izada Rodriguez

(old, very old Delphi developer)

I totally agree about  IW+ CGDevtools a waste of time and money