TuniThreadTimer on server module or Seperate application as a service

M.Ammar

Hi All

I have a Queue Table which each record contains a POST API, because it is not recommended to send them directly.

I want to post each API record and wait for response before moving to the next record

I am thinking of using TuniThreadTimer placed on server module and a seperate database connection with 2 FDQuery to get the data and Post it.  

1- will this interrupt server module performance in any way or it is a good solution?

2- From the server module, can I access a data module that have the RESTClient, RESTResponse, and other REST Component or do I need to move all Component/Code related to the server module.

3- it is better to make a sperate desktop or service application to do that and run it separately on  the server.

Excuse my questions if it is unclear but I try my best

best regards

what you suggest is correct, a servermodule thread will be created to execute your process.
I prefer to create something like this in a separate exe, to avoid any problem with my unigui server, if you have server access to run other applications I would do that.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, wilton_rad said:

what you suggest is correct, a servermodule thread will be created to execute your process.
I prefer to create something like this in a separate exe, to avoid any problem with my unigui server, if you have server access to run other applications I would do that.

Thank you for reply, i will do just that