Print Dialogue Of The TUniPDFFrame Reports An Extra Blank Page

Frederick

When the Print button of the TUniPDFFrame is clicked, UniGUI prepares the pages for printing but the print dialogue box reports an extra page available to print. For example, if the PDF has one page, the dialogue reports two pages to print. If you scroll down the preview, you will see an extra blank page at the bottom.

Why does this happen?

--
Frederick
(UniGUI Complete - Professional Edition 1.90.0.1510)

2pagesfromonepage.png

1 hour ago, Frederick said:

When the Print button of the TUniPDFFrame is clicked, UniGUI prepares the pages for printing but the print dialogue box reports an extra page available to print. For example, if the PDF has one page, the dialogue reports two pages to print. If you scroll down the preview, you will see an extra blank page at the bottom.

Why does this happen?

Hello,

How can we reproduce this?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Roberto Nicchi said:

I see the exact same problem in 1.90.0.1551 with my application and with the demo app provided by Frederick

Do you have a fix for this ? It' not a secondary problem...

thanks

I do not have a fix for this as technical support did not provide a solution. I think that TUniPDFFrame is based on PDF.Js, a third-party solution, and there could be some coding issues with it.

Currently, I use TUniURLFrame and the extra page does not appear. Maybe it is based on the web browser's internal engine and this problem does not occur.

I like TUniPDFFrame but I could not wait.

4 hours ago, Frederick said:

I do not have a fix for this as technical support did not provide a solution. I think that TUniPDFFrame is based on PDF.Js, a third-party solution, and there could be some coding issues with it.

Currently, I use TUniURLFrame and the extra page does not appear. Maybe it is based on the web browser's internal engine and this problem does not occur.

I like TUniPDFFrame but I could not wait.

Thanks. I was using the TuniURLframe until today but i have changed because for some reason (using the Edge browser) some reports are visualized completly blank. The pages are created but no text or anything else is visible inside. The TUniPDFFrame doesn't have this problem but have others ...

11 hours ago, Roberto Nicchi said:

Thanks. I was using the TuniURLframe until today but i have changed because for some reason (using the Edge browser) some reports are visualized completly blank. The pages are created but no text or anything else is visible inside. The TUniPDFFrame doesn't have this problem but have others ...

You could try using TUniURLFrame with another web browser to see if the same problem with blank pages occurs. I sometimes do get blank pages but ultimately, it had something to do with my queries or coding.

10 hours ago, Frederick said:

You could try using TUniURLFrame with another web browser to see if the same problem with blank pages occurs. I sometimes do get blank pages but ultimately, it had something to do with my queries or coding.

Thanks, i have tryed with others web browser. I see the problem with Edge only. Tryed in two PC.

1 hour ago, Roberto Nicchi said:

Thanks, i have tryed with others web browser. I see the problem with Edge only. Tryed in two PC.

Ok, delete from memory the thing that the problem is in two PC. I have had a wrong information. 

The problem is anyway very odd.

If i open the application using 127.0.0.1:8077 in Edge i see the problem with TuniURLFrame (blank pages). If i open the application with localhost:8077 the problem is not present.

mmmm, evidently is not an unigui problem (i suppose). I would really happy to understand...

I have tryed to disable the AV.

thanks