Question prior to license purchase

Neeruu

Hello...

I am about to buy an unigui license for an important project and I want to know the future of unigui ...

1 - Will I have support in 3 or 4 years? I am very interested to know that I can count on the support of unigui, the project that I am about to start is very large and I will need the support to help me.

2 - What is the path with respect to unigui mobile, considering that sencha touch is discontinuous?

3 - Is there a real case of unigui working with thousands of users? Do you have any examples?

I am looking forward to your response.
Regards.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Neeruu said:

Hello...

I am about to buy an unigui license for an important project and I want to know the future of unigui ...

1 - Will I have support in 3 or 4 years? I am very interested to know that I can count on the support of unigui, the project that I am about to start is very large and I will need the support to help me.

2 - What is the path with respect to unigui mobile, considering that sencha touch is discontinuous?

3 - Is there a real case of unigui working with thousands of users? Do you have any examples?

I am looking forward to your response.
Regards.

Hello,

1) You will get one year of subscription by default which can be renewed after one year.

Regarding support, it depends on what you expect from support. We have forums and support portal which I can't say are perfect. We try to answer of incoming support requests, but it is not always possible. We have a decent ticket system in Jira which helps us to keep log of all incoming requests, though some tickets can stay there for a long period of time because of nature of uniGUI which is a software library not an end-user consumer product.

You can also visit here:

http://www.unigui.com/support/support-portal

2) Sencha Touch has been replaced by Ext JS Modern Toolkit which is under active development by Sencha.

3) Yes, uniGUI HyperServer allows you to scale up your application easily. There are examples of live servers with hundreds of concurrent users.

This can also be helpful: http://www.unigui.com/explore/unigui-hyperserver

Thanks,

Hello Farshad.

Thanks for your answer...

I clarify some points that I think were not understood.

1) . Unigui plans to stay alive for 3 or 4 more years?

2). They replace Sencha Touch with Ext JS Modern Toolkit for mobile developments?.

3). You are aware that there are projects with thousands of users (sessions) connected at the same time.

In practice, how many users did I get connected?

I hope you can answer me ... While I advance in the management of the license.
Regards.

• Administrators

1) Yes, we will definitely keep this project alive as long as we can.

2) Modern Toolkit is actually for all platforms including desktop. It can be used on mobile devices and desktop devices as well. Sencha Touch is no longer maintained.

3) For this you need to design your app core in a way that it can server 1000s of concurrent users. uniGUI HyperServer will allow to achieve this goal as long as your core database is scalable.

5 hours ago, Farshad Mohajeri said:

3) For this you need to design your app core in a way that it can server 1000s of concurrent users. uniGUI HyperServer will allow to achieve this goal as long as your core database is scalable.

Working with 64-bit Firebird 3. Do you think it is a good database engine for working with Unigui?

2 hours ago, Farshad Mohajeri said:

Hi Claudio,

It is already integrated. When you create a mobile uniGUI app it will automatically switch to the modern toolkit.

Thank Farshad.

I have "only" desktop edition of UniGUI because for the mobile my choice is use Delphi for develop native app. 

But the modern toolkit provides universal HTML5 application support all modern browsers from desktop to phone and not only for phone/"mobile". Will there therefore be a "unification" of the two worlds? Or will UniGUI desktop never have this extension?

Best Regards

• Administrators

Well, actually  the desktop components (Classic Toolkit) in Ext JS are much more "mobile friendly" in the recent Ext JS versions. Again, you will need mobile components specifically if you want to develop mobile apps for phones. There is no unification yet, but in future maybe.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Neeruu said:

A license serves me for my pc and my notebook

>>>--- END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ---<<<

1. NAMED USER LICENSE

A single license of this product is licensed for one seat only. Each developer can install his/her own copy of uniGUI on one or more than one PCs which will be used by him/her only.  A single license can not be shared among several developers in same company even if they do not use the product at the same time. For each uniGUI developer in your company you need to obtain a separate license.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, due to the presidential elections on Sunday, the central bank of Argentina implemented an exchange rate of 200 usd per month.
This complicates the payment of the license since I cannot pay in 1 payment. Is there any alternative payment, since we can only buy 200 USD per month?

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Neeruu said:

Hello, due to the presidential elections on Sunday, the central bank of Argentina implemented an exchange rate of 200 usd per month.
This complicates the payment of the license since I cannot pay in 1 payment. Is there any alternative payment, since we can only buy 200 USD per month?

One way is to divide your purchase into 3 steps using below method:

-Buy Personal version for 395 USD

-Upgrade to Pro version

-Upgrade to Complete version