Maximum size project

d.bernaert

Hello,

I have a general question.

I'm starting on several new tailor-made projects, which will all be made in Unigui.

I would if possible host all different tailer-made projects in one large Unigui project for easy maintenance and the ability to make modules available to customers depending on their subscription.

What would be the limit to work with large projects?

For instance, 400-500 forms, would that be possible in Unigui?

Thx,

Dominique

Okay,

thx for the reply.

What strategy do you use concerning database access?

Do you have datasets on every form individually or do you use datamodules?

Until know I've been using mainly datamodules, but as the project get that big I think it would be more convenient that each form operates completely individual with it's own datasets.

What do you guys do concerning this?

Thx,

Dominique

Hi

i used both methods in my project (110 Form so far) and both are working fine for me, both have own advantage, so for me it is up to etch case

using datamodule have one advantage that you can use the same code for (web and mobile) GUI for example to generate the same report on mobile and web

regards

On 1/10/2019 at 9:58, adan200 said:

Tengo mi proyecto actual de 600 formularios.

Adán

On 1/10/2019 at 10:27, sinanaydin said:

5108 formularios están disponibles en nuestro proyecto ahora

Hello, could you tell me how many simultaneous users you have in your systems? Thank you...

The use of datamodules, I see just for the sake of organization,

another advantage as already said is that if you put all the business rules in it, you can easily share it with

another vcl desktop application, no matter how many forms your project will have, and only avoid

excessive data search in forms, and not allow its user to open all their forms at once.

select * from without where is not a good idea