unload unigui dll on apache with another unigui.dll?

erich.wanker

Hello..

is it possible to unload (close, kill, set free..) a running unigui-dll (my programm) on apache without stopping apache WITH a other unigui.dll (called updater.dll) ?

it´s because installing updates ...

My thinkings:

2 unigui-apps are running on apache ... the first one ist the "updater.dll" the second one ist the "programm.dll"

updater.dll looks every hour to a predefined url and donloads the files - if there are new versions ..

So - "updater.dll" MUST CLOSE all running "programm.dll"-sessions and give it "free" to overwrite it on the filesystem ... 

ThanX for helping 

I made an update system with client and server update modules as regular VLC apps.

The client UPX-packs and zips the update file and sends it using FTP to my update server, which unzips
and copies the .dep file to the correct deploy folders for all instances on the webserver.

When the update server notices an incoming file, it creates a simple text file in the unigui app
root dir, which the unigui app then discovers (timer checking) and shows an update message,
warning that the app will restart in about 30 seconds and then deletes this text file.

I guess you could instead copy the .dep file to another folder and give the user the chance
to select when to update, i.e. when to copy the file to the deploy folder, if you like.

ok .. 

i made also a regular VLC app .. designed for a XAMPP - Setup (Apache, php.mysql...)

the VLC App creates a "Windows Schedule" for every 24 hours

a timer based "loop" system:

step 1 -> look if there is a new version online

step 2 -> download files

step 3 -> close apache webserver service

step 4 -> create new folders

step 5 -> copy files

step 6 -> start apache webserver service

step 7 -> write new version number in local file

look s good ;-)

Erich