Display terminate message at timeout

rsanford

I'd like to automatically display the "TerminateTemplate" at session timeout. Currently the application screen continues to display after the session has timed out. Do I somehow call the template from Uniservermodule "OnDestroy"?

Sorry if this question is redundant.

Thanks

• Administrators

Session timeout happens on server side and there is no way to inform the client that session is terminated. The only way is to set a uniTimer with a long interval > timeout value. In this case client with display a message but it can be long after when session is actually has timed out.

Is there a way to determine the amount of time left before timeout? I'm assuming there is an inactivity timer running after that resets itself after last activity on the client. What is needed the ability to popup a message prior to session timeout stating that the session is about to be terminated due to inactivity. Then allow the use to click a button to reset the inactivity time and keep working. If no response from the user then the application will shut down normally AND the active window should be cleared showing a timeout message (or nothing at all). HIPAA compliance requirements. Having hospital patient information continue to display after sesion timeout would be a HIPAA violation within the application (although a user is responsible for shutting down the session manually, many walk off becase of some distraction). Sorry to ramble, but that's my issue. Thanks for your help!

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-HIPAA-Security-Standards&id=6072426

• Administrators

In uniGUI there is no way to initiate a message from server. Client must continously poll server to see if there are new events. However, in this case since client polls server, timeout never occurs because of ongoing continuous polling.

You can set a subtle timer on MainForm with a long interval so user session will never timeout as long as browser window is open.