uniGUI DOES SPEECH SYNTHESIS

Give a voice to your interface !

The standard Windows phrase is getting better and better. The same goes with the voices of Google services. This example I did demonstrates how to implement voice usage in both your desktop and mobile applications. I highly recommend using Chrome (or Firefox) because it already provides internal voices from his network, such as the translator.

Works on all newer browsers except IExplorer, (Retired) Opera (Maybe) etc. There are more voices available using Chrome but you can also download more voices and install on your Windows.

Visit https://t.me/uniguiBrazil Portuguese.
https://t.me/uniguiexpress English

PS: all parameters set to default. See the original HTML example to get range values. But I don't think you will need alter it. So, ignore the volume, rate and pitch controls in the example provided here you still can change in the function I created, thou. See source code and original HTML. Note, its pure uniGUI and JS. You don't need uniHTML/URL Frame or original HTML/JS to run it.

PS: Next week I'll post uniGUI DOES SPEECH RECOGNITION, stay tuned !

For compatibility and other issues:
See https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/SpeechSynthesis

uniGUI_speech_synthesis.png

Project available at https://unigui.express

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Soon speech recognition... just finished. Now I can make my journal on-line, encrypt on the fly, dictate my books,  without recording sound, download files etc, etc... really amazing.

All credits on Speech Recognition goes to Google engine. Voice synthesis is no big deal nowadays. Next week I put on-line. First, there is the Signature for mobile.

That's one of those thing I already tried to do with Intraweb and never worked out.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi my Friend...

Soon I will post it. But it only works in Chrome. It is the only browser to support it at this time. But is very impressive what they have done and support to a lot of language. Can even understand my broken english.

I'm making a sort of Journal of mine dictating on the fly saving to text. Then I will turn it into a full working example, more easy to anyone.

But first I have two more projects queued to the community.

Well, It is not big deal using uniGUI...  kudos to Google team.

c'ya

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/14/2019 at 3:01 AM, Fred Montier said:

Hi my Friend...

Soon I will post it. But it only works in Chrome. It is the only browser to support it at this time. But is very impressive what they have done and support to a lot of language. Can even understand my broken english.

I'm making a sort of Journal of mine dictating on the fly saving to text. Then I will turn it into a full working example, more easy to anyone.

c'ya

work hard!

Go go go!

On 9/4/2019 at 11:31 PM, Fred Montier said:

Give a voice to your interface !

The standard Windows phrase is getting better and better. The same goes with the voices of Google services. This example I did demonstrates how to implement voice usage in both your desktop and mobile applications. I highly recommend using Chrome (or Firefox) because it already provides internal voices from his network, such as the translator.

Works on all newer browsers except IExplorer, (Retired) Opera (Maybe) etc. There are more voices available using Chrome but you can also download more voices and install on your Windows.

Visit https://t.me/uniguiBrazil Portuguese.
https://t.me/uniguiexpress English

PS: all parameters set to default. See the original HTML example to get range values. But I don't think you will need alter it. So, ignore the volume, rate and pitch controls in the example provided here you still can change in the function I created, thou. See source code and original HTML. Note, its pure uniGUI and JS. You don't need uniHTML/URL Frame or original HTML/JS to run it.

PS: Next week I'll post uniGUI DOES SPEECH RECOGNITION, stay tuned !

For compatibility and other issues:
See https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/SpeechSynthesis

uniGUI_speech_synthesis.png

www.unigui.com.br-Speech-synthesis.rar

It's a Wonderful, Wonderful life...:)

Super !!!

You can not imagine the large field applications your sample could open :   

-  Ticket Number on Waiting room

- Departure and Arrival train Park

- etc...

Big Thx Fred.

+1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 9:01 PM, Fred Montier said:

Hi my Friend...

c'ya

Hello FRED,

Hoping you feel good.

Just would like to know if we have any chance to get  speech recognition with Chrome  ?

Just a very very very simple case demonstration. No need a great application.

Big Thx.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello

I'm trying your project and I'm stuck on LoadVoices.

No voises are loaded.

I use Mainform procedures and copy the script.js file to my local \files\script.js directories.

What am I missing.
I can't load the whole project because I'm getting a old version of Delphi ?

All examples I made has a "ready-to-go" format. Load the projects and hit run. If is not working, is another issue.
Just tried today. Working just fine.

Voices are installed and available within your windows OS and browser. In chrome you have additional voices.  If you can't see any voice loaded, its another issue.

Use Google Chrome.

22 hours ago, Fred Montier said:

All examples I made has a "ready-to-go" format. Load the projects and hit run. If is not working, is another issue.
Just tried today. Working just fine.

Voices are installed and available within your windows OS and browser. In chrome you have additional voices.  If you can't see any voice loaded, its another issue.

Use Google Chrome.

You project is with newer Delphi version , and I cant load dpr files.

I try to load script.js in my project but no success, can you help me with that ?

Now I opened script.js and see that is like unigui projects, and understand where my problem is, uniProject from some reason cant load speach engines.

I have  uniForm with uniCombobox with name UniComboBoxVoices.

to call LoadVoices i use:

procedure TUniForm1.UniFormActivate(Sender: TObject);
begin
 LoadVoices (UniComboBoxVoices);

end;

and function from example:

Procedure TUniForm1.LoadVoices (Sender : TObject);
Begin
  // Loading voices - This should only run once.
  UniComboBoxVoices.Items.clear;
  uniSession.AddJS('var voices = speechSynthesis.getVoices(); ' +
                  'voices.forEach(function(voice, i) { '+
                 // 'alert(voice.name);'+
  'ajaxRequest(' +  TuniCombobox (Sender).OwnerForm.Name + '.' + TuniCombobox (Sender).Name + ', ' + Quotedstr('additem')+', ['+quotedstr('item=')+'+voice.name])});');

//Browser Status Compatibility
  uniSession.AddJS('  if ('+quotedstr('speechSynthesis')+' in window) {'+
  'ajaxRequest(' +  TuniCombobox (Sender).OwnerForm.Name + '.lbCompatible, ' + Quotedstr('status')+', ['+quotedstr('msg=')+'+'+quotedstr('Compatible Browser')+'])' +
  ' } else {'+
   'ajaxRequest(' +  TuniCombobox (Sender).OwnerForm.Name + '.lbCompatible, ' + Quotedstr('status')+', ['+quotedstr('msg=')+'+'+quotedstr('Uncompatible Browser')+'])};');
End;

this should load in UniComboBoxVoices Items some voices (I see it with html from \ Original files).

May be I wrong here :

uniSession.AddJS('var voices = speechSynthesis.getVoices(); ' +
                  'voices.forEach(function(voice, i) { '+
                 // 'alert(voice.name);'+
  'ajaxRequest(' +  TuniCombobox (Sender).OwnerForm.Name + '.' + TuniCombobox (Sender).Name + ', ' + Quotedstr('additem')+', ['+quotedstr('item=')+'+voice.name])});');

Hello

can you try your project can it work (load voices) on a mobile device.

For example :

1. launch unigui project on mobile (android) google chrome

2. and select from the list of voices.

I tried, but there are no voices in the combobox,

when i load this google chrome tutorial from a mobile device (and desktops), it fills in its voices:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/SpeechSynthesis/getVoices

what i mising on mobile device?

I don't know. I will give it another try and make another version with more resources and features. But, in all cases, it works better in Chrome. All things related to Audio/Video are better with Chrome. Even MS recognized it ! Who am I to disagree ?

I'm in 50th example published here and aiming to 100th before end of the year !

Bye.

• 1 year later...

All projects with more than 2-3 week old, are removed due to space  restrictions. Meanwhile, all downloads are restricted to uniGUI Subscribers and free of charge during time frame
They are now available for purchase at:
https://www.unigui.com.br/democetera/

You can buy individual projects From PACK 04. Just reach me at WhatsApp/Telegram 55-11986207676.

There is a better and more professional project with more resources and features.
https://www.unigui.com.br/uniGUIVoice-eng.html