Frustrated With Some RTL Behavure in TUnimDBGrid and others

M.Ammar

Hi, 

Since I finished the desktop application and moved to developing mobile application (So Far Only on the main form) for hotel management system,

I have some issues especially if the application is working RTL = True;

1- the Title button on the main form that opens the side menu is not responding 20% of the time just Blink dark and side menu not show until you try again.

the code is only  (UnimMenuSide.Visible := True;)

2- I use A TUnimDatePicker on the Top of main form and I have 3 issues with this one:

A. sometimes when I scroll down on the Main form, the UnimDatePicker menu to select date appears  on the bottom of the screen without me touching the UnimDatePicker at all.

B. Sometimes When I Actually touch the date to select a new date the selection comes with the date 31/12/2039 ,

and once I cancel selection and select again it comes with the correct date. (Screenshot Available : Dec 39).

C. Sometimes After I hide the TUnimDatePicker, and Show TUnimDBGrid  and try scroll down the UnimDatePicker menu to select date appears Empty (Screenshot Available : Empty Date) .

3 - TUnimDBGrid  After Loading data In RTL Mode I fined the titles are not aligned with the actual columns (Titles aligned to the Right and Data columns are aligned to the far left)

(Screenshot Available : Grid Load Titles Portrait) this will show even more when you have more columns than screen width.

4- TUnimDBGrid  in landscape screen don't show Page change (Screenshot Available : Grid Load Titles Landscape).

5- TUnimDBGrid in landscape screen don't scroll down to see the rest of the records.

6- TUnimDBGrid  in landscape screen scrolls left so far And Stay that way (Same result as Grid Load Titles Landscape screenshot) .

I hope that these issues are because of me doing it wrong, but I follow the examples given, and I test the application on 3 mobile browsers (Chrome - Edge - Samsung ).

Sorry for the long Post and thank you

Dec 39_Samsung Internet.jpg

Empty Date_Samsung Internet.jpg

Grid Load Titles Portrait More _Samsung Internet.jpg

Grid Load Titles LandScape_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 hour ago, Sherzod said:

Hi,

Can you make a simple testcase for your issues?

if you use Demo (uniGUI\Demos\Touch\DBGrid Column Resize) in RTL Mode you will fined Grid Mentioned Issues Just Change RTL To True;

and also I want to add that column resize in RTL is not behaving Correctly ether in the same example (only title will resize and in the wrong direction with wrong Visual Effect)

Update 1: No 4 , 5 are my mistakes Reason was : Form Size and Panel Layout not adjusted correctly

Update 2: Temporary Workaround issue no 2 (A,B,C) change the (picker = dptFloated);

Update 3: Workaround Grid Issues that Total Columns Width not more than screen width;

Best Regards

Hi Sherzod

in order to workaround the grid issues for now, I will only display 4 columns in the Grid and will display the remaining of the data in the editor double click, only problem is all this data is for display not editing and if I choose Read only it will not display in the editor how can I achieve this >> make the editor show while read only or not editable?

Best regards

1 minute ago, M.Ammar said:

yes I want show read only columns in the editor, can that be done

I'm thinking about it.

2 minutes ago, M.Ammar said:

or I replace it with a panel with editors better??

This is also an option, as in this example: 

\FMSoft\Framework\uniGUI\Demos\Touch\DBListGrid

• Like 1

Hi Sherzod

I have tested TUnimDBListGrid I coped it from the example you sent directly to my Mainform and changed the Dataset and columns Field names, but I got the result in the screenshot attached, the problem doesn't accrue in the demo example.

I can't find out why

Best Regards

Screenshot_20190822-143148_Samsung Internet.jpg

4 minutes ago, M.Ammar said:

I have tested TUnimDBListGrid I coped it from the example you sent directly to my Mainform and changed the Dataset and columns Field names, but I got the result in the screenshot attached, the problem doesn't accrue in the demo example.

I can't find out why

Sorry, but I don’t understand completely where the problem is...

13 minutes ago, Sherzod said:

Can you make a simple testcase for this?!

I was able to regenerate the issue in the demo 

example: 

\FMSoft\Framework\uniGUI\Demos\Touch\DBListGrid

1- Change Main Form RTL To True.

2- Change All Columns Width To 60.

3- Run and Rotate the phone to landscape.

Regards