uniGUI Discussion Forums
Frederick

Contabo Opinions

I currently use a VPS running Windows Server 2012 R2 that is suppose to use SSD for their storage. However, I find that the speed of starting an application via a RDC to be slow. It is in fact, even slower than my computer with non-SSD drives.

It could be that it has 2 GB of RAM and half of it is in use but it still has 22 GB of disk space remaining and swapping to and reading from a SSD disk should still be faster than my computer.

I see that Contabo is mentioned here as a reliable hosting provider.

If you are using it, how do you find Contabo's customer service, reliability and speed for hosting your UniGUI applications or have you moved on to something better? I am looking at their Contabo VPS S SSD service with the Windows Server 2016 DataCenter option.

--
Frederick

VPS mean shared resources with other users.

We use contabo services for years and recently we purchased a dedicated server with 500 GB SSD and 4 TB secondary H.D we also purchased a RAID hardawre to backup primary SSD at real time in case of failure. We backup our customer data (DB & files) to FTP from contabo and we also backup data to Amazaon s3 account using CloudBerry application.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mhmda said:

VPS mean shared resources with other users.

We use contabo services for years and recently we purchased a dedicated server with 500 GB SSD and 4 TB secondary H.D we also purchased a RAID hardawre to backup primary SSD at real time in case of failure. We backup our customer data (DB & files) to FTP from contabo and we also backup data to Amazaon s3 account using CloudBerry application.

These are quite impressive specifications and I hope to be able to have them in the future but for now, with zero UniGUI production applications (and I am still stuck deploying my first test UniGUI application), it will be hard sell to convince finance to approve a budget for your hardware setup.

May I assume that you do not use Contabo's VPS services but are satisfied with their customer service and other products?

Yes I am satisfied with their support. We have a several VPS and dedicated servers also.

@Frederick,

I have used many windows VPS with similar price range as Contabo, but to be honest, I cancelled all of them, and will use only Contabo, they have one of the best price/value plans for windows.

3 hours ago, Mohammed Nasman said:

@Frederick,

I have used many windows VPS with similar price range as Contabo, but to be honest, I cancelled all of them, and will use only Contabo, they have one of the best price/value plans for windows.

I have subscribed to their VPS service two weeks ago and so far, there are no issues with their services and product. The speed is comparable, maybe even slightly faster than my existing VPS even though they are halfway around the world.

As you mentioned, their price/value plans are exceptional.