How to update the dll file when it is in use?

stlcours

Even I find that all clients have closed their browsers, I cannot update the dll file. So how I can solve this problem? Only by stop the IIS by my hand, then update? Shown as picture1:

Another question, why my dll file work in virtual folder, but it doesn't work in the main floder(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Project33.dll), why?

Another question, can we throw off it's the name of the file dll?(I set it by default for visit, but it doesn't work) so we can visit by www.exemple.com

Shown as picture2:

Thx a lot!

post-228-0-03359100-1312887539_thumb.jpg

post-228-0-51665000-1312887547_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Even I find that all clients have closed their browsers, I cannot update the dll file. So how I can solve this problem? Only by stop the IIS by my hand, then update? Shown as picture1:

Closing browser doesn't terminate sessions. Even if you terminate all sessions IIS will not unload DLL module until you manually do this.

Another question, why my dll file work in virtual folder, but it doesn't work in the main floder(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Project33.dll), why? 

IIS doesn't allow this.

Another question, can we throw off it's the name of the file dll?(I set it by default for visit, but it doesn't work) so we can visit by www.exemple.com 
Shown as picture2:

For this you need some URL rewriting. I don't know the details but you can search web for IIS and URL rewriting.