Survey: Features you want to see in version 1.0

Farshad Mohajeri

hello.

1. linux support. I'd like to have a linux machine as web server

2. richedit

3. functional properties color, font, background color, etc. for some controls

3. some integrated report tool

4. excel export for grids

5. documents viewer without download to the client. doc, xls, pdf, graphics, etc.

6. and this could be science fiction. posibility to run vcl forms. when migrating apps, imagine a vcl app with 1000 forms. Is a hard work to migrate the whole application, and can take many time, and during this process you have to mantain both apps until the migration process is finished. If you need to modify a form migrated from vcl to unigui, you have to do the modifications in both apps. If you do not do this, the users can get crazy, and this increases the migration work and time.

thanks.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

Thanks for great lib! We are going to purchase licence(s) for your library. I did some promote links. I think that good things need to be promoted.

This is my request:

1. Linux support on Lazarus, not only on Delphi.

2. TUniTreeNode.MoveTo.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Let me preface my requests with the following comment:  uniGui is the best product for Delphi for building web apps that I have seen.  Bar none.  I'm really excited about this tool and hope it grows and grows.  Thank you for a wonderful tool!

The two most important features for the future (since you have already released 1.0) is as follows:

1. More documentation on the component interfaces.  (I know that is a big ticket item that is labor intensive).
  2. The ability to handle the back button on the browser.  Case in point: Trello, which is a single page app, nonetheless will honor the back button (and return either to the previous configuration of trello) or the previous web page (whatever it was).  But, here is the point: If you use the forward button on the browser, trello appears, having maintained the state the user last left is.  Apps like this are my competition and my users will expect to use that button.
  3. More ability / information to add third party components.  This is one of the hallmarks of Delphi.  Many have decreased much development time by using DevExpress or TMS components (among others).  I realize, that at the moment, there may only be one (Ext JS) vendor, but I think there may be more once the number of users of uniGui gets large enough (which I expect it will).
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
At first I would like to know if there is any component of the Type

"TGridPanelLayout" or Best DevExpress LayoutControl

www.devExpress.com "LayoutControl" is a type of control that supports several other controls where it is possible to control an on-screen control so the user does not have access is something fantastic that I have used extensively in my VCL application.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A property to add custom CSS class to a control (textboxes, comboboxes) design time.

Just a simple text property which value will be added to all the CSS classes that UniGui add's to the input-control.