Survey: Features you want to see in version 1.0

Farshad Mohajeri

• Administrators

Purpose of this survey is simple. I want to shape version 1.0 of uniGUI according to developers' actual real world needs. We already did a similar survey before and we do this again to assure that we won't miss any important feature.

Please specify the most important features for you that you'd like to see in version 1.0 of uniGUI. You can write as many as features you want and please write them in order of importance with most important feature at top.

Thanks.

1. The most important is speed(performance). So if possible, can you retry to optimise it's speed? par exemple, use a stronger algorithme of the compression (7z,rar)

2. The same reason, you can optimise the performance of DBText, DBEdit, and a light DBGrid, I know it has much work, but only with these three components, the developpers can make a MIS with good performance. At least, DBText and DBEdit are not very complex.

3. Outlook Style. the same component as TRzGroupBar in Raize.

Thanks...

1. DBGrid improvement with custom column renderer, column editor, row editor and other ExtJS features.

2. Variety of Numbered-Field (Including expression property like an IntraWeb if possible).

3. Updated to the lastest of ExtJS version (to supported development facility and any new web technology, including HTML5).

4. Accordion (or similar) Component (that it make UniGUI look beautiful web-based application).

5. Screen mask automatically when AJAX is being in operation (Of course, this is optional property that activated only when selected).

6. FastCGI support.

whether beyond 1.0 or maybe 1.0 if possible :)

7. Truly stateful server-side applications. Close and open browser – and return to the same state (Of course, with the same logged-in user).

8. Better session control. Cross-session interaction.

1. Everything about DBGrid, it is the main most important component for majority of web apps (with DB backend)

2. Update ExtJS

3. Perhaps integrate some jQuery sugar. It is possible to make it manually now with client-side scripting, but having it as a built-in framework features will make life much easier. jQuery masked input for example (and I mean input, not validation) or input text box with search (lookup).

Hi Farshad, this is my wishlist :rolleyes:

1. Ext JS 4.x Support

2. UniDBGrid(merge columns, support for (checkbox, ListBox, button, Image) in cells)

3. More options for Charts(Dynamic Form, Grid and Charts) http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.0.2a/examples/charts/FormDashboard.html

4. Drag and Drop (Grid to Grid, Grid To Form) - Maybe Implemented

5. More themes

6. Support for 64 bits compiler

7. Lazarus support *Maybe for next major release

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Hi Farshad, this is my wishlist :rolleyes:

1. Ext JS 4.x Support

2. UniDBGrid(merge columns, support for (checkbox, ListBox, button, Image) in cells)

3. More options for Charts(Dynamic Form, Grid and Charts) http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.0.2a/examples/charts/FormDashboard.html

4. Drag and Drop (Grid to Grid, Grid To Form) - Maybe Implemented

5. More themes

6. Support for 64 bits compiler

7. Lazarus support *Maybe for next major release

Thanks

Hi,

I've looked at the demo http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.0.2a/examples/charts/FormDashboard.html

What i've noticed is that the width of the columns is exactly the clientwidth of the grid, leaving no gap at the right or scrollbar.

Is this something that can be done now with the grid in Unigui, some sort of Autowidth?

Thx,

Bernaert Dominique

IMO:

1. Speed

2. DBGrid improvements, column filtering, cell editors, lookup list, col with checkbox, fixed cols, fixed rows

3. ActionList

4. CheckBoxList, DBCheckBoxList

5. PopupMenu

6. ListView, DBListView

-----

7. ExtJS 4.xx

In order of importance

Needed:

1. PopupMenu

2. Lookup and checkbox in UniDBGrid

3. File download component (inverse of UniFileUpload)

Improvements:

4. TCheckListBox (list of checkboxes)

5. UniGroupBox with other styles: banner, underline, ... (like RzGroupBox from Raize Components)

6. Control of cursor appearance

Bye

Purpose of this survey is simple. I want to shape version 1.0 of uniGUI according to developers' actual real world needs. We already did a similar survey before and we do this again to assure that we won't miss any important feature.

Please specify the most important features for you that you'd like to see in version 1.0 of uniGUI. You can write as many as features you want and please write them in order of importance with most important feature at top.

Thanks.

Hi,

Some important points!

1) Better control session. Logged # 1003, # 855, and others.

2) Better performance for creating components at runtime, especially for UniPanels, which is widely used by applications.

3) Improvements to the management server memory.

4) Different Sytles is ScreenMask (# 1058) and buttons with popup ..

5) Internationalization: Translation Messaging (Issue # 1039)

6) ExtJS 4.0 Support

7) Low price UniGui license .. hehehe ..

Regards,

Cristiano Testai