Survey: Features you want to see in version 1.0

Farshad Mohajeri

• 2 weeks later...

1. Scalability

2. List Box with checks

3. Collapsable Panels

I'm absolutely afraid of item number 1 (maybe own ignorance) .. what will happen IF some application conceives the attention of say 50/100 thousend users ? (that is perfectly possible from what I'm seeing right now). Will UniGUI in it's statefull mode, handle concurrency well ? .. and, it this times arrive, how to handle this ?

Thanks !

Rober

• Administrators

1. Scalability

I'm absolutely afraid of item number 1 (maybe own ignorance) .. what will happen IF some application conceives the attention of say 50/100 thousend users ? (that is perfectly possible from what I'm seeing right now). Will UniGUI in it's statefull mode, handle concurrency well ? .. and, it this times arrive, how to handle this ?

As long as you don't run out of system resources there is no limit to number of sessions. Again, 50.000 users seems to be a lot for a single uniGUI server and can only be achieved using load balancing.

As long as you don't run out of system resources there is no limit to number of sessions. Again, 50.000 users seems to be a lot for a single uniGUI server and can only be achieved using load balancing.

Thanks Farjad !! .. I'll will explore this.

By the way .. congratulation for your new .9 version !

Rober

• 1 month later...

Professional applications use databases, so things that should work more precisely in the application must be data grids and lookups combos.

1- In grid, Navigation transparent with "infinite scroll" (fetching chunk of data) for work with millions of records.

2- Grids with autosort, and autosearch (incrementally) typing chars in header column (or filter).

2- Editor with Lookup and incremental search, with combo filled "remotely" with partial fetch.

3- Editor with button for calling external dialogs or forms (as lookup)

4- Into grids, all editor customizable like standalone.

So grid, grid, grid, lookup, lookup, lookup with incremental and partial fetch of "remote" data (like latest ExtJs already do! (remotecombobox)) With infinite scroll and partial fetch in lookup, we have all need for professional "data centric" web application.

CGdevtool (another shining tool for Delphi webapplication) use already those "data approach" with Jquery, (they need Intraweb).

jeans_larghi

3- Ordering by one or different columns

4- Filtering by one or different columns

5- Fixing location of one or more columns

6- Fixing location of one or more rows (*)

7- Summarizing or Counting of Columns

So if other people has different point of view of this matter is welcomed to write it here.

(*) I separate fixing of columns and rows because of use of horizontal draw of data in most applications.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

It's a nonsense. If you will have money for ExtJS + uniGUI license, you will have money for XE4 Pro. D7 is more then 10 years old, frankly.

Actually, it is not a nonsense imho.

D7 still is the most used version of Delphi... and if the support of (free) Lazarus is asked by some people, why could'nt other people want to use their own old Delphi 7 instead ? 

Maybe there are some compatibility issues, that don't allow using uniGUI with D7... So maybe it's a nonsense in a technical perspective.  But that doesn't make this request a nonsense in a financial perspective...

Actually, it is not a nonsense imho.

D7 still is the most used version of Delphi... and if the support of (free) Lazarus is asked by some people, why could'nt other people want to use their own old Delphi 7 instead ? 

Maybe there are some compatibility issues, that don't allow using uniGUI with D7... So maybe it's a nonsense in a technical perspective.  But that doesn't make this request a nonsense in a financial perspective...

Well, the language is far more improved now (e.g. generics). And the never-ending usage of D7 will kill Delphi future. Lower income for vendor, increased price for new versions, no better tomorrows. And the "fact" that D7 is the "most used version" is really not true. Only the fact is, that D7 is simpliest (last) version to crack, so "yes", it's "most used warez version of Delphi".

• Upvote 4

To "Win32" D7 has the advantage of the EXE size, performance D2005 - D2010 does not have significant advantages. So the hope is made compatible with UniGui to D7.

This is another nonsence. If you switch enhanced RTTI off, the EXE size will be very similar.

If you are so "performance oriented", you should use Delphi x64 compiler (XE2+), not D7 for Win32.

This is another nonsence. If you switch enhanced RTTI off, the EXE size will be very similar.

If you are so "performance oriented", you should use Delphi x64 compiler (XE2+), not D7 for Win32.

x64 compiler for Win32 ? THAT is a nonsense ;)

• Upvote 1

So that the price of licenses to be made cheaper UniGui-compatible "Lazzarus Free Pascal and Delphi 7". XE price is too expensive and too short old has appeared a new version. We do not know how many months of age XE4. So it could only buy a license UniGui and ExtJS.

If you need performance, you should use 64-bit OS ... is it a surprise ?

We are not living in y2k era (with Delphi 7 & Win XP).

Or do you ?

I'm living in the real world where thousands of computers in my company are running on Win XP 32 bits, just like 45% of the computers around the world.  Are you from another planet ?

I don't need performance, and Tohang Pakpahan doesn't need performances.  We just need space (EXE size).  Try to correctly read the messages before writing "nonsense" in all your posts.  Please respect other ideas than yours. 

I prefer to pay Farshad than buy new XE4 licenses for the 19 developers of my team.  Can you understand that point without thinking "nonsense" ?

I'm living in the real world where thousands of computers in my company are running on Win XP 32 bits, just like 45% of the computers around the world.  Are you from another planet ?

I don't need performance, and Tohang Pakpahan doesn't need performances.  We just need space (EXE size).  Try to correctly read the messages before writing "nonsense" in all your posts.  Please respect other ideas than yours. 

I prefer to pay Farshad than buy new XE4 licenses for the 19 developers of my team.  Can you understand that point without thinking "nonsense" ?

AFAIK, uniGUI is a web-based application framework development.

Do you need to develop your web-app run on Windows XP server?

That's nonsense for me more than performance or .exe size.

• Upvote 1

Well, your demagogy is not my cup of tea. Are you named D7 warez user ?

ZigZig : "D7 still is the most used version of Delphi..." ... this is fabricated argument.

Tohang Pakpahan : "Win32 D7 has the advantage of the EXE size" ... this is improper argument, caused probably by lack of knowledge. If you set enhanced RTTI off, you'll get similar EXE size (with respect to unicode, etc.). Nevertheless, if you let all modern optimizations and features on, who on Earth in 2013 will see difference between few megs of compiled code ? EXE size was important in 90's.

Discussion is possible only between participants on the same level of expertise, and will all respect, this is not the case. If you don't understand Delphi technologies, you're unable to percieve technical arguments at all.