Less code

dionel1969

Hello !!!!

I have an application that will be load on mobile devices via sim card, of course, but here in country of third world, so "the bandwidth is not so width". Then it is necessary to reduce the code transmitted to mobile device and from mobile device. My first question about it is:

1- In the "load time" which of this case generate less javascript/ajax code: ToolBar with their buttons or Panel with the same number of SpeedButtons???

PS: The Compression of HTML in ServerModule is ON.

Hi,

If you have one button or ten button in your project ! The ext-all.js + some others files must be load in your clinets.

If Compression of HTML in ServerModule is ON then size of your small project + ext-all.js + css+ pictures nearly 300 KB ~ 400 KB !!!

Now if your client have a internet with 64 Kb they must be wait nearly : 40 ~ 60 Second + 2 ~ 7 Sec for TCP overheads

Or if your client have a internet with 128 Kb they must be wait nearly : 20 ~ 25 Second + 2 ~ 7 Sec for TCP overheads

Or if your client have a internet with 256 Kb they must be wait nearly : 10 ~ 13 Second + 2 ~ 7 Sec for TCP overheads

So all this times dependent on a good performance Server !

Best Regards

Hi,

If you have one button or ten button in your project ! The ext-all.js + some others files must be load in your clinets.

If Compression of HTML in ServerModule is ON then size of your small project + ext-all.js + css+ pictures nearly 300 KB ~ 400 KB !!!

Now if your client have a internet with 64 Kb they must be wait nearly : 40 ~ 60 Secont + 2 ~ 7 Sec for TCP overheads

Or if your client have a internet with 128 Kb they must be wait nearly : 20 ~ 25 Secont + 2 ~ 7 Sec for TCP overheads

Or if your client have a internet with 256 Kb they must be wait nearly : 10 ~ 13 Secont + 2 ~ 7 Sec for TCP overheads

So all this times dependent on a good performance Server !

Best Regards

OK. Thank you for your answer.

I was checking by myself, it seem to be more or less the same code. With ToolBar is generated a bit less code, but just a "bit" for the same number of buttons. The previous version of the app I was talking about had a PageControl and controls necessary for app, then the load time had increased to much. So, for now I prefer to develop in this cases a small main form, and from him call all the options. So the main form load much faster at the init.

Thank you, anyway any tips for this area of developing will be welcome.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Hello !!!!

I have an application that will be load on mobile devices via sim card, of course, but here in country of third world, so "the bandwidth is not so width". Then it is necessary to reduce the code transmitted to mobile device and from mobile device. My first question about it is:

1- In the "load time" which of this case generate less javascript/ajax code: ToolBar with their buttons or Panel with the same number of SpeedButtons???

PS: The Compression of HTML in ServerModule is ON.

You can view the generated code in browser and compare it yourself.

That said, major reason for delay is Ext JS libraries which are loaded when your application is loaded for first time.