Convert Tool VLC to UniGui - Tool to assist in converting VCL to UniGui

fabiotj

Hello guys!
After a few years I am again working on tests with UniGui, trying to convert a Soft ERP (Delphi VCL to UniGui), and for this I updated the conversion tool that I had suggested in 2012, it is available in annex and can help anyone who wants to convert their soft VCL to UniGui.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H8JLXzfNpVwM7sj7Wu-kjkaXierMC7ah/view?usp=sharing

post-849-0-85107200-1343326678_thumb.jpgpost-849-0-86237200-1343326752_thumb.jpg

Additional conversion tips:

0) Analyze the visual objects of your project and see if they have a corresponding in the VclToUniGui.dat file

1) Remove all TBevel from the project, as it does not have TUni compatible

2) Add via Notepad ++ or another program that replaces text in bulk files in the section Uses the units UniGUIForm, uniGUITypes, uniGUIAbstractClasses,
   uniGUIClasses, uniGUIRegClasses, uniGuiVars, uniGUIApplication

3) According to the use in each .pas add also the Units
uniLabel, uniButton, uniBitBtn,
   uniSpeedButton, uniEdit, uniImage, uniGUIBaseClasses, uniPanel,
uniCheckBox, uniMemo, uniMultiItem, uniComboBox

• Like 1

1172/5000

"Still", not quite the case, I tested a few times in 2012/2013 and now I am finally able to devote enough time to convert my small ERP. As I still use QuickReport, and some components of a suite called ACBr that is very popular here in Brazil (mostly non-visual components and I have seen some videos on youtube that show a possible coexistence with UniGui), I need to be sure that I will be able to run all the project in UniGui to then buy the license as well as invest more resources in extra components. But I'm very optimistic since I started 10 days ago and have already converted about 45% of the project and I can already run the application core - ADO + Firedac + Login + MainForm - in UniGui.
Missing now:
1) Some alternative components to TJvDBComboEdit, TJvComboEdit.
2) Test the Reports made in QuickRep (with the appropriate adaptations of course they seem to be possible via PDF Download)
3) Convert several TSMDBGrids I have;
4) What else is appearing ...
I hope to soon have everything functional.
I'm also doing a note-taking script to post afterwards with tips on converting a VCL application to UniGui.

Although I have found Desktop Programs never really convert well to WebApps due to the very fundamental differences in presentation, for me it is easier to build WebApps from the ground up than convert old legacy programs.

Having said that I would be interested in studying your convert source code if you are willing to share.

In fact the ideal would be to write a new application, but the financial cost for this in my case would be very high, since my soft has 365 forms. "Just" converting I will have many advantages related to installation, demonstrations, support, I can also redo or create options specific to mobile. It will be a pleasure to share some parts of the source as soon as it's working.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/13/2019 at 5:48 PM, fabiotj said:

Hello guys!
After a few years I am again working on tests with UniGui, trying to convert a Soft ERP (Delphi VCL to UniGui), and for this I updated the conversion tool that I had suggested in 2012, it is available in annex and can help anyone who wants to convert their soft VCL to UniGui.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H8JLXzfNpVwM7sj7Wu-kjkaXierMC7ah/view?usp=sharing

post-849-0-85107200-1343326678_thumb.jpgpost-849-0-86237200-1343326752_thumb.jpg

Additional conversion tips:

0) Analyze the visual objects of your project and see if they have a corresponding in the VclToUniGui.dat file

1) Remove all TBevel from the project, as it does not have TUni compatible

2) Add via Notepad ++ or another program that replaces text in bulk files in the section Uses the units UniGUIForm, uniGUITypes, uniGUIAbstractClasses,
   uniGUIClasses, uniGUIRegClasses, uniGuiVars, uniGUIApplication

3) According to the use in each .pas add also the Units
uniLabel, uniButton, uniBitBtn,
   uniSpeedButton, uniEdit, uniImage, uniGUIBaseClasses, uniPanel,
uniCheckBox, uniMemo, uniMultiItem, uniComboBox

could you reupload again

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...