unigui verification failed

adearmas

Hello everyone,

Last week I ordered a copy of UniGui. I've installed it in my dev win 10 VM.

My dev VM is an oracle VirtualBox win10 running from an external ssd disc. I have 3 different dev machines: win, mac and linux... and only one vm.

Yesterday I booted the vm from elementary linux to do some debuging (nothing to do with unigui) but I got "unigui verification failed" on the startup. I know unigui has "named user license" just like Delphi does but Delphi runs well with this configuration and unigui does not.

How can I solve this?

Regards

No. I haven't tried that. I was affraid to reinstall and consume some instalation counter or something...

If I resintall on linux, what happens when I use the VM from mac or windows? Will I have to reinstall again?

I am worried because it is not that I am using unigui on linux... just using Delphi  could make me lose the instalation.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, adearmas said:

No. I haven't tried that. I was affraid to reinstall and consume some instalation counter or something...

If I resintall on linux, what happens when I use the VM from mac or windows? Will I have to reinstall again?

I am worried because it is not that I am using unigui on linux... just using Delphi  could make me lose the instalation.

Hi,

uniGUI uses a simple machine check which is bound to CPU id only. In VMs sometimes CPU Id can change as a result of configuration change in the VM. It can happen also when you move from VM from one machine to another. Solution is to reinstall uniGUI with a new license key.

Hello,

As far as I can understand the only lasting solution would be abandon the ssd drive, copy the vm in the notebooks drives and register unigui in the three notebooks. Any other way, I will be registering unigui everytime I boot other SO than the one where I registered it, right?