Tips for mobile browsers

Farshad Mohajeri

• Administrators

Below meta displays page in a 1/1 scale and also disables browser in-zoom/out-zoom function. It should be added to servermodule.CutsomMeta.

<meta content='True' name='HandheldFriendly' />
<meta content='width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=0;' name='viewport' />

Below script disables moving the page around inside the browser window. Add this to MainForm.Script

document.body.addEventListener('touchmove',function(event){
 event.preventDefault();
},false);

Below meta displays page in a 1/1 scale and also disables browser in-zoom/out-zoom function. It should be added to servermodule.CutsomMeta.

<meta content='width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=0;' name='viewport' />
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />

Below script disables moving the page around inside the browser window. Add this to MainForm.Script

event.preventDefault();
},false);

Thank you. This is an important aspect of the current applications. It is a big increment of the use of mobile devices and the applications from they.

Two questions:

1- Why two times "viewport". Which is the difference between first and second????

2- I test and application in IPhone 4 and the loading image of Safari WebBrowser is showing intermittent after page is loaded like is still doing something or calling something to server. Why????

• Administrators

Two questions:

1- Why two times "viewport". Which is the difference between first and second????

2- I test and application in IPhone 4 and the loading image of Safari WebBrowser is showing intermittent after page is loaded like is still doing something or calling something to server. Why????

Second "viewport" seems to be unnecessary. It is OK to remove.

BTW, it was Google knowledge. :)

Original source here:

http://garrows.com/?p=337

Two questions:

I reply my self in second question:

There was a UniTimer with the property Enable := True. That was the cause.

• Administrators

event.preventDefault();
},false);

Do not work under FireFox Android.

• 1 year later...

event.preventDefault();
},false);

Hi!

Code above does not work on Samsung Android browser.

I appreciate any idea or help.

Thanks in advance.

Voja

• 3 months later...