1) many flexible components

2) Easy use SSL.

3) Upgrade to Ext v4.0

4) Mobile suported

Bad futures: ( It is my opinion )

1) Very slow in loading !

2) I did not find Javascript Events !

3) I cant develop Desktop Application !

4) No ExtPascal source for add any custom future !

5) So very slow in ajax requests !

I prefer uniGUI more than raudus actually !

All this is my opinion

Best Regards

• Administrators

You can consider it as a competitor!

I tested Raudus once when it was version 0.7.1.

Today I tried to test it again. I didn't have time to test it throughly, but I found out that there is something weird about Raudus. Its session handling model is not clear to me. If I run Sleep(5000) in one of the sessions it seems that all other sessions are blocked too! Does Raudus handle sessions using a multi-threaded model?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I also prefer uniGUI more than raudus!

this only for reference.

I agree. Unigui is more professional. ;)

Radus has more gadget but I think is only a question of time.

When Farshad has finished the core library more component will be added making UniGUI the best Delphi Ajax WEB framework!

The thing I didn't like about raudus was the designer I found it a bit frustrating, The thing I did like was D7 support.

But it is not Wonderful ! future.

If i have D7. "I have no other choice" I say!

At this time i upgrade my Delphi !

Best Regards

• 7 months later...
Guest Arpan

After using Raudus it seems that it is not practical for large scale of applications.

uniGUI architecture is better.

According to Raudus documentation and I have also sampled, it serializes all client request into single main thread.

However it process client request and response generation part in multi-threaded enviornment.

But main thread issue is quite important as it directly impact the response time if one action is taking more time in the main thread, others will keep waiting.

• Administrators

After using Raudus it seems that it is not practical for large scale of applications.

uniGUI architecture is better.

According to Raudus documentation and I have also sampled, it serializes all client request into single main thread.

However it process client request and response generation part in multi-threaded enviornment.

But main thread issue is quite important as it directly impact the response time if one action is taking more time in the main thread, others will keep waiting.

Another problem with Raudus is that Form instances are kept in global variables.

Consider you have Form1 and you call Show method:

Form1.Show

Two different sessions can't call above code in different threads simultaneously because Form1 is a global variable and can only point to a single instance of Form1 which belongs to active session.

My first contact was Raudus, like him a lot ...

But I had a problem, open a topic in the forum and have never been answered, so I migrated to UniGui.

a great advantage that has over the Raudus UniGui, is that it generates. OS (ie it runs on Linux, and UniGui not run ...).

Regarding performance, the UniGui is much faster than the Raudus.

I have two equal applications, one developed in Raudus UniGui and another in the process Unigui AJAX almost twice as fast the Raudus.

both have their strengths and weaknesses in minhão opinion.

Att, Marlon

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Arpan

Another problem with Raudus is that Form instances are kept in global variables.

Consider you have Form1 and you call Show method:

Form1.Show

Two different sessions can't call above code in different threads simultaneously because Form1 is a global variable and can only point to a single instance of Form1 which belongs to active session.

Thanks for sharing that info.

One more question,

Is there any Object Modal of uniGUI's web request/response model?

I mean any schematic representation of how uniGUI handles requests, process it, and sends response.

That will help me to analyze the impacts to port my existing Intraweb application to uniGUI.

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing that info.

One more question,

Is there any Object Modal of uniGUI's web request/response model?

I mean any schematic representation of how uniGUI handles requests, process it, and sends response.

That will help me to analyze the impacts to port my existing Intraweb application to uniGUI.

It is very similar to way Indy handle HTTP requests.

We have

ARequest: TIdHTTPRequestInfo 

and

AResponse:TIdHTTPResponseInfo

Objects