How to use the TUniScreenMask component

paul.coshott

Hey Everyone,

Can anyone tell me how to use the TUniScreenMask component? I have a few places in my app where I'd like to show the mask over the entire browser window with a simple message ("Please wait..." or something similar).

Can I put the component on the MainModule and use it anywhere? Or does it need to be on the currently active form?

And how do I start and stop it. I played around with it today, but couldn't figure it out.

Cheers,
Paul

Thanks for the answer.

I'm not sure how I should do it though, as I don't have a control to attach to. I am opening a modal popup form, and in the OnAfterShow event, I am opening a number of tables, and then creating some components. So I'd like to show the mask before the tables start to be opened, and then hide the mask after the components have been drawn.

And is it possible to cover the entire browser window with the mask?

How would I do this?

Cheers,
Paul

Hello,

you can attach the screenmask to the control (button, menu, ..) that invokes the opening of the form.

If you want the screenmask to be visible until all data is loaded there is a property on the screenmask component waitdata or waitfordata i think.

Dominique