Megademo (mdemo.dproj) - working in recent UniGUI or borked?

wprins

Hi.

I'm currently using Delphi 10.1 Berlin and UniGUI 1.70.0 build 1491.

Could someone confirm that the MegaDemo under "C:\Program Files (x86)\FMSoft\Framework\uniGUI\Demos\Desktop\MegaDemo\mDemo.dproj" also generates the following error for them when you click the topmost node in the tree on the left, e.g. "Main":

image.png.e369f8fe5895a39be191fed21dc8db5d.png

And if any of the UniGUI developers read this -- would you classify this as a bug and so can I report this as a bug in the bug reports section?

Also I was thinking of just fixing it myself -- Would I be allowed to create a public repo of the Demos where I can fix this myself and others can benefit?  Or better, is there already perhaps a public git (or github) repo I can pull the latest Demos from and submit pull requests from once fixed?

(Digression: Perhaps these demo's ought to be covered by an automated QA test suite, maybe using something like Selenium or Taiko.  I might be able to help get something like this going [ideally driven from Delphi] as I/we will likely look into doing something like this for our own projects soon to prevent accidental regression failures...)

Thanks

Walter

• Administrators
4 hours ago, wprins said:

Hi.

I'm currently using Delphi 10.1 Berlin and UniGUI 1.70.0 build 1491.

Could someone confirm that the MegaDemo under "C:\Program Files (x86)\FMSoft\Framework\uniGUI\Demos\Desktop\MegaDemo\mDemo.dproj" also generates the following error for them when you click the topmost node in the tree on the left, e.g. "Main":

image.png.e369f8fe5895a39be191fed21dc8db5d.png

And if any of the UniGUI developers read this -- would you classify this as a bug and so can I report this as a bug in the bug reports section?

Also I was thinking of just fixing it myself -- Would I be allowed to create a public repo of the Demos where I can fix this myself and others can benefit?  Or better, is there already perhaps a public git (or github) repo I can pull the latest Demos from and submit pull requests from once fixed?

(Digression: Perhaps these demo's ought to be covered by an automated QA test suite, maybe using something like Selenium or Taiko.  I might be able to help get something like this going [ideally driven from Delphi] as I/we will likely look into doing something like this for our own projects soon to prevent accidental regression failures...)

Thanks

Walter

Hi,

I'm aware of this bug. It was fixed in one of the previous builds.