A couple of newbie questions

paul.coshott

Hi Everyone,

I have a main form in my stand alone server. The ServerModule's MainFormDisplayMode is set to mfWindow (I like the way it looks). Can someone explain how I can display the form anchored to the top of the browser and stretched to the bottom of the browser, while keeping the width of the form to a specific value, and having the form stay centered horizontally when the browser is resized.

And how do I embed a form into my main form? I want to design an SPA, so need to embed forms into the main form. Can this be done into a panel? Or some other container?

Thanks,
Paul

Hi,

I am using the trial edition (v 1.70.0.1493). I found that demo and tried to replicate the code, but I must have missed something (maybe a property somewhere), because the child form did not attach itself to the main form at all. Just appeared off to the left.

Thanks,
Paul

Thanks for the help. On my main form, I have a panel aligned to the top (height = 60) and then a second panel aligned to the top (height = 60) and then a third panel aligned to client.

It's the third panel I'm trying to embed the form in. But when the AlignmentControl = uniAlignmentClient  the web app doesn't display properly. The left side of the first top aligned panel is white, hiding an image and a label (exactly where these components are). And also a button on that panel which is aligned to alRight, is there but not drawn with the margins being respected.

When the child form appears, it is only appearing in the panel on the main form, but it is positioning itself so the top left corner of the form is right up in the top left corner of the web browser. I have set the properties you indicated above.

Thanks so much for your help,
Paul