TUnimSelect If First Item = '' Then It Fails To Show In Desktop Emulation ?

andyhill

I know this is the Desktop Forum but I am tired of the Mobile Forum postings being overlooked -or- not addressed regularly enough.

As stated, My Mobile Application uses TUnimSelect and If the First Item = '' (blank string) then it Fails To Show In Desktop Emulation ?

It works as intended on Mobile Platforms.

Yes I know I can have a clearable button but it is too close to the select button and fat fingers fires it when it should not.

Please advise. 

Hello,

13 hours ago, andyhill said:

As stated, My Mobile Application uses TUnimSelect and If the First Item = '' (blank string) then it Fails To Show In Desktop Emulation ?

Please, can you explain in more details, I couldn't reproduce ?!

You can also post on ActiveReports if you think that this a bug.

But please always specify the build, the browser you are using, make a testcase or steps to reproduce. I know that a testcase may not replace your working project, but it will help us understand the problem better.

Thank you

unim-1.50.0.1481

UnimSelect.Items.Add('');  // or ' '
UnimSelect.Items.Add('1'); 
UnimSelect.Items.Add('2'); 
UnimSelect.Items.Add('3'); 

if UnimSelect.ItemIndex was 2 ('2') and user select 0 ('') the ItemIndex is not updated to 0 due to the blank string

I have come up with the following work around that uses the CloseUp Event with a deferred reading of the new select value via an ajax event:-

// OnCloseUp Event Bug Work Around
procedure TMymForm.MySelectOnCloseUp(Sender: TObject);
begin
  //
  if ByPassMySelectFlag = True then begin
    ByPassMySelectFlag:= False;
    Exit;
  end;
  //
  UniSession.AddJS('Ext.defer(function(){ajaxRequest(MymForm.ContainerPanel, "_mySelect_", []);}, 500)');
  //
end;

if SameText(EventName, '_mySelect_') then begin

Your suggestion would show <empty> in the select options (not acceptable), I use a blank line to select a blank line.

I have an ajax work around but unigui should be able to show a blank line in the select options -or- offer extra clear button:-

[Select]    [Clear]   [Cancel]