IIS in Windows server 2019 - Can not create file "C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 \ inetsrv \ w3wp.CFG "

MarcoZC

I have installed a Windows server 2019 server with IIS and I have configured the system so that it can run the ISAPI DLLs created with UniGui. In the tests I did with the UniGui examples it works fine, but in an application that connects to a remote MS SQL Server database, after identifying the user, the following error message is displayed [Can not create file "C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 \ inetsrv \ w3wp.CFG "]. I do not know if this has happened to someone or someone knows how to solve it.
Thank you for your attention.

The UinGui Version in this server is 1.50.0.1484

Edited by MarcoZC
Rseponse

I use UniDac components for a remote SQL Server database and also a local table that I load using TADODataset.Loadfromfile that is in XML format. I think the problem is with this, because the SQL Server database opens up well and allows me to access any table.

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the most effective. The access permissions of the folder "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\inetsrv\" can not be changed or at least I have not found the way. Not even accessing the server as Administrator is not possible to assign new users to that folder. I think it will be because it is a folder for internal use of the system, well the solution to this problem is to manually create a file "w3wp.CFG" in the folder "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\inetsrv\" The file is empty but the system no longer gives an error and works correctly. I must say that the same application installed in a Windows server 2012 did not give any problem. Well, problem solved.

• Like 1